• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I could ask just one question...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I would want to know who makes the running back decisions.  Is it Franks or Chico?  Their rotation has got to be the one thing that I would have to question.  Nobody can get any momentum when every third series you're on the bench.  How hard is that to understand.  It is so **** frustrating to watch, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for these kids.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have been asking the same thing for 3 years now.  The answer is Franks. 

One other thing to consider.  If you think it's tough to get in a rhythym when you are rotating in and out during a game, how much actual work can you get when you have to split the reps during the week in practice between 4 or 5 guys.  It's the stupidest system and has not worked. 

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would want to know who makes the running back decisions.   Is it Franks or Chico?  Their rotation has got to be the one thing that I would have to question.  Nobody can get any momentum when every third series you're on the bench.  How hard is that to understand.  It is so **** frustrating to watch, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for these kids.

Very true. It is odd because we didn't have this problem with Andre Hall. Yet prior to Andre we did a lot of running by committee. I think their theory is unless one guy is obviously much better, they just rotate them in fresh like D-lineman but I don't think that theory works. In some offenses it works but usually most teams feature one back.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I have heard a lot of theories but I have to say it is one aspect of the team that I am so fed up with that I really don't even stress about it anymore.  I just watch and scratch my head and watch them waste downs and hope for a big play down the field.  

I am the type of person who gets excited watching a RB chip away at 3-4 yards so go figure.

I could see having one shifty guy and one power guy (Ford) but it confuses me when they take people out after they have a good drive.  Really I think it's something the fans have to accept.  It hasn't changed and probably will not change.  We will not get an explanation.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Running the ball is one of the few things we consistently did pretty well at tonight. It would've given our gassed defense a rest in the second half (how many times did we go 3 and out in the 2nd half?) had we just had more emphasis running the ball.

When Mo Plancher is producing (7 carries, 37 yards) you know you're going against a run defense that is not great.

Cincy was stopping the outside runs but up the gut they were failing; just like we were. However, unlike Cincy we seemingly got bored with gashing them for 5-10 yards per carry and only gave Plancher/Ford a combined 14 carries.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't Leavitt mention getting the ball more to Ford after last weeks game?  What happened to that?  Doesn't he run this show?  Can't he tell Franks to get the kid in there if he wants him in there?  Something just isn't right with the RB situation on this team.

• Content Count:  4,259

Running the ball is one of the few things we consistently did pretty well at tonight. It would've given our gassed defense a rest in the second half (how many times did we go 3 and out in the 2nd half?) had we just had more emphasis running the ball.

When Mo Plancher is producing (7 carries, 37 yards) you know you're going against a run defense that is not great.

Cincy was stopping the outside runs but up the gut they were failing; just like we were. However, unlike Cincy we seemingly got bored with gashing them for 5-10 yards per carry and only gave Plancher/Ford a combined 14 carries.

Yeah, but Daniels got about 200 yards running side to side all night ::)  I wonder if the coaches thought they could get points off of that effort?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

our offensive playcalling has been ass for years.

the only way we'll win a BE title with this coaching staff is if our defense scores 3 TDs a game.

• Content Count:  3,802

Yeah, but Daniels got about 200 yards running side to side all night ::)  I wonder if the coaches thought they could get points off of that effort?

Nice one Craig James.

You could try changing on part of his statement, lol.

I don't necessarily put that on the coaches, those were him running for his life against a good D-Line albeit some of them were poor decisions on his part. There weren't tons of designed Daniels runs.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Didn't Leavitt mention getting the ball more to Ford after last weeks game?  What happened to that?  Doesn't he run this show?  Can't he tell Franks to get the kid in there if he wants him in there?  Something just isn't right with the RB situation on this team.

You gotta give up the dream on Ford.  It isn't going to happen.  I try to pretend he is not out there when he is.  I don't think we like the whole power running thing.

Oh yeah said after the game that we couldn't run the ball.  That is coming from him not me.

Archived