• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

game is sold out!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Maybe it's with in 10% of a sell out which by NFL standards would keep it from a blackout and with Ray Jay being an NFL stadium thats what they are going by?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

From the sounds of it, since they are fully opening the West deck,  maybe its that the # of tickets left in the east deck is low enough to know that it will be "sold out" by game time (the east deck that is).  If so, then hopefully with walk up can hit that nice 60K number.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Sounds like fuzzy math.

USF At 58,000, Expecting Crowd of 60,000-plus

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

err..I don't buy it, unless "sold out" can be more than 5000 short of Ray J's capacity of 65,000+.

UFC in 2007 sold like something of 63000 and change and was considered a sellout and WVU had 67000+ and was considered a sellout as well, so I don't think we're in the 63000 range but I'm willing to bet we're right at around 59K....which will look good on tv regardless

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

You can still get tix but its considered a sell out once a certain amnt of tix have been sold. Not sure what that # is but my boss got a call 1 hour ago with that info & is stuck at work looking for more ppl to man the stands in the upper west since they now all hafta be open.

Could he have meant the East upper deck is sold out?

Based on Ticketmaster, it appears there are all kinds of tickets available on the West upper deck. A few hours ago, there did not appear to be any $10 tickets available but now there are.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

USF At 58,000, Expecting Crowd of 60,000-plus

See related thread on Main Board

• Content Count:  12,293

You can still get tix but its considered a sell out once a certain amnt of tix have been sold. Not sure what that # is but my boss got a call 1 hour ago with that info & is stuck at work looking for more ppl to man the stands in the upper west since they now all hafta be open.

Could he have meant the East upper deck is sold out?

Based on Ticketmaster, it appears there are all kinds of tickets available on the West upper deck. A few hours ago, there did not appear to be any $10 tickets available but now there are.

from her name i assume you meant 'could she have meant..."

but yea that is what it sounds like to me.  she must work with the concession director in some fashion...and when they opened up the west upper deck they took it as selling more than was expected.

thing is...even when the game is SOLD OUT there will still be empty seats just because SO many people who have upper deck corner seats just hang out around the pirate ship at USF games.

so dont go counting empty seats tomorrow and then judging the crowd from that point.

at ANY given time there is atleast 2K people around the bucs ship.

• Content Count:  19

At this point....take the bucs sail down and put up a Bulls sail...it is our ship now

• Content Count:  1,251

At this point....take the bucs sail down and put up a Bulls sail...it is our ship now

im so down with that

• Content Count:  16,477
  • Days Won:  43

That is the rumor

Archived