• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Tribune Blog

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,066
  • Days Won:  469

If Brett did his due diligence and was indeed reporting facts then I have no problem with him exposing the "dirt".

I don't think anyone has a problem with that type of reporting.  But reporting downright falsehoods and his own assumptions as facts is unacceptable and that did him in more than anything.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Not to beat a dead horse  :deadhorse , but is anyone at the Trib taking over Brett's UPickem contest?

It was fun while it was going on.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I liked Brett. I also hope they keep up the prediction contest. I am in 3rd place.

<b>USF fans only want to hear about rainbows and puppies.</b> Any press that is not jerking off our program is not wanted.

I'm much easier to please than that. My standard is that reporting should be accurate. Brett McMurphy often failed to lived up to that standard.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Metro,no blinders here. I am one of the "negative" realist posters. He would make up he would make up stories to try and get press.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Honestly, I don't think the Tribune could possibly hire somebody to remotely compete with Greg Auman. He is dedicated beyond the call of duty, his posts are always interesting, dependable, well-researched, and well-written. Frankly, it's what journalists should strive to be like! Maybe the Tribune should just hire Greg too, that way he could be paid twice as much for doing the job, and both papers could post his content, haha.

• Content Count:  12,293

Altough I haven't been a big fan of Brett, at least he reported on the Bulls daily.  Has anyone noticed that the last blog posted by the TT was 4 days ago?

I understand this is a bye week, but there are stories out there (thank you Greg) to report on.

If the Tampa Trib is supposed to be the USF paper, it isn't doing it's job satisfactorily.  Just an observation on my part.

I don't know if it is a case of someone not linking things to the blog but there have been a few stories written on the Bulls that ran in the actual paper and online on TBO.com's main news page.

Here is a link to one on the 9th and there was another one yesterday.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/oct/09/usf-plans-weeklong-buildup-next-big-game/news-breaking/

So there wasn't a 4 day window where nothing was written about USF.  It was just in the actual paper and on the main page of TBO.com.

Maybe they need to inform the TBO.com designers that Brett isn't there anymore but the USF content is coming from someone else.  Or someone needs to tell Joey to make sure his stories get put on the blog as well.

mama bull...they must of heard you.  the actual "blog" is updated now

Honestly, I don't think the Tribune could possibly hire somebody to remotely compete with Greg Auman. He is dedicated beyond the call of duty, his posts are always interesting, dependable, well-researched, and well-written.

And yes, Greg does an AMAZING job with his beat.

I would question if there is another beat writer in the country that does a better job?

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

The Trib should hire back Ted Hoffman for the USF beat.  Loved his work for the Lakeland bureau of the Trib.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,689
  • Days Won:  424

I liked Brett. I also hope they keep up the prediction contest. I am in 3rd place.

<b>USF fans only want to hear about rainbows and puppies.</b> Any press that is not jerking off our program is not wanted.

I'm much easier to please than that. My standard is that reporting should be accurate. Brett McMurphy often failed to lived up to that standard.

I think what most of us just want is news.... Not ******** rumors or third hand "information", that may or may not be true, that Brett would come up with, obviously trying to appease the short attention span gang, like the ones who have come to his defense on this thread.    ;)

Archived