• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You heard it here:USF loses to Cinci...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

1. What is USF's record on Thursday night?

2. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team?

3. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team playing a non-ranked team?

4. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team playing a ranked team?

Answers

1. 0 - 3

2. 0 - 2

3. 0 - 1

4. TBA (10/15/2009)

NOTE:

USF's record against Cincy?  2 - 4 losing the last 3 games in a row.

I won't spread doubt but I will point out what the facts are. 

I think the answer to #3 is 0-2 as well, not 0-1 (Rutgers 07, Pitt 08)  Just pointing it out

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

It is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance.

A well-known example of reverse psychology is the Looney Tunes cartoon Rabbit Fire, where Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are trying to convince Elmer Fudd it's the hunting season for the other species and not their own. After a back-and-forth with Bugs proclaiming "Duck season!" and Daffy "Wabbit [rabbit] season!", Bugs switches to say "Rabbit season!", to which Daffy begins saying "Duck season!"- even going to far as to exclaim "I say it's duck season, and I say, FIRE!"

SO,  if you are a child or your name is Daffy Duck, then maybe it works on you.   (ps, this article is verified by empirical research even though it is not a peer reviewed article. I will not waste my time on this more than this post)

I'm also aware of how dumb it is to say  "I called it last week, we lost, I knew we would lose"  when you are "calling it" for every game.  It kind of defeats the purpose.

When you see a thread that starts "You heard it here:", don't click on it or just pass it without reading ....

point taken  triple B. 

btw bulls96go is a big boy,  he can stand up for himself now

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will handle cinncy

• Content Count:  1,777

1. What is USF's record on Thursday night?

2. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team?

3. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team playing a non-ranked team?

4. What is USF's record on Thursday night as a ranked team playing a ranked team?

Answers

1. 0 - 3

2. 0 - 2

3. 0 - 1

4. TBA (10/15/2009)

NOTE:

USF's record against Cincy?  2 - 4 losing the last 3 games in a row.

I won't spread doubt but I will point out what the facts are. 

I think the answer to #3 is 0-2 as well, not 0-1 (Rutgers 07, Pitt 08)  Just pointing it out

I stand corrected you are right it should be 0-2 not 0-1.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

usf will handle cinncy

SO001439.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=C82F4A29E3E1F35E915CB35EB23240CDE30A760B0D811297

Pretty Funny  :lol

Here's a few more.

hell-freezes-over.jpg

elephants-fly-2.jpg

1956368-lg.jpg

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

usf will handle cinncy

345etjb.jpg

• Content Count:  3,403

usf will handle cinncy

Great, now if we win he predicted it, but if we lose our coaches are terrible.

• Content Count:  1,254

USF...Handing out Psychology degrees like candy since 1956  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,219

Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

It is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance.

A well-known example of reverse psychology is the Looney Tunes cartoon Rabbit Fire, where Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are trying to convince Elmer Fudd it's the hunting season for the other species and not their own. After a back-and-forth with Bugs proclaiming "Duck season!" and Daffy "Wabbit [rabbit] season!", Bugs switches to say "Rabbit season!", to which Daffy begins saying "Duck season!"- even going to far as to exclaim "I say it's duck season, and I say, FIRE!"

SO,  if you are a child or your name is Daffy Duck, then maybe it works on you.   (ps, this article is verified by empirical research even though it is not a peer reviewed article. I will not waste my time on this more than this post)

I'm also aware of how dumb it is to say  "I called it last week, we lost, I knew we would lose"  when you are "calling it" for every game.  It kind of defeats the purpose.

When you see a thread that starts "You heard it here:", don't click on it or just pass it without reading ....

point taken  triple B. 

btw bulls96go is a big boy,  he can stand up for himself now

yes I am a big boy.

Archived