• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincinnati Fans Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

our pass rush is so fast that screens really hurt us... our DE's end up way behind the play and our linebackers tied up with blockers, leaving the receiver clear to bust into our secondary.

that is really the biggest weakness i see from this Bulls team.  we may give up a deep ball or two during the game which could be deadly with Pike, Gilyard and the rest of the UC receivers, but deep balls require time in the pocket which could just as easily spell disaster for Pike.  our run defense is solid, so if Cinci doesn't have someone who can pound it out like a Ray Rice or McCoy or Jon Stewart, i think we should be able to contain your running game.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

our pass rush is so fast that screens really hurt us... our DE's end up way behind the play and our linebackers tied up with blockers, leaving the receiver clear to bust into our secondary.

that is really the biggest weakness i see from this Bulls team.  we may give up a deep ball or two during the game which could be deadly with Pike, Gilyard and the rest of the UC receivers, but deep balls require time in the pocket which could just as easily spell disaster for Pike.  our run defense is solid, so if Cinci doesn't have someone who can pound it out like a Ray Rice or McCoy or Jon Stewart, i think we should be able to contain your running game.

I would say that is true on one side of the defense, but JPP has some serious instincts. I saw him stop his rush on a couple of occasions when he was getting too deep. He has a good feel for what the offense is developing, and that is why he dropped back and picked that screen pass for a TD. I was very impressed with that from a kid relatively new to the defense, not just going for the sack, but reading the play and reacting quickly.

Selvie has been run out of some plays in the past, but he seems to be getting better with that, he has made a couple plays running down the RB/WR on the sideline after a pass over his head.

welcome.

i still think we need to maintain a balanced offense, and control the clock, keeping pike on the bench and allowing our D time to rest and rev up for the next defensive series.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

With Daniels at the helm, we haven't shown the ability to control the clock.  We have shown big play ability like we've never seen here.  I think we'll see more of Mike Ford running the ball this game, and that may be one of the keys to the game.

• Content Count:  1,318

I dont understand why other teams fans post on our site (or ours on their site). Of course your "analysis" is going to be of how Pike is god and we are going to get dominated. Nothing is going to change that, until we beat you on national t.v.

• Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

Scwartz ices the game with a 42 yard field goal.

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

I dont understand why other teams fans post on our site (or ours on their site). Of course your "analysis" is going to be of how Pike is god and we are going to get dominated.

Did you actually read the thread?

• Content Count:  1,318

I dont understand why other teams fans post on our site (or ours on their site). Of course your "analysis" is going to be of how Pike is god and we are going to get dominated.

Did you actually read the thread?

Yes. Just like the FSU poster, the only way we win is if Cincy makes mistakes. Or to quote the poster, we play a dirty game and take a couple of roughing the passer penalties.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

I didn't get that feeling at all from Pike4Heisman.

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't come here to insult your team but rather learn about it. I think Tony is very good and think UC is as well. I love getting other fans perspective. Our website is www.bearcatnews.com

It is nice to get outsiders opinion because everyone on UC board talks about how good we are and how we win by 2 touchdowns. I respect USF.

I think UC wins but it is going to be the toughest game of our season.

I hope you guys sell out this game, that would be sick. I dont believe UC would be able to sell 60000+ for this game. No way.

We struggle with the OSU fans. The UC basketball fans have grown up cheering for OSU football because they were relevant. We need to get them back with us. Our recent success is helping.

Archived