• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincinnati Fans Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys.

New to the board and I come in peace.

I really enjoy learning what fans are saying about their team so I wanted to see what your thoughts were on USF and UC.

Some notes on UC.

-Our passing offense is extremely efficient and I am sure you all know that. Tony Pike is the leader of the offense and wins a lot of games before they kickoff. He seems to know the other teams defense backwards and forwards.

-Mardy is our best receiver and gets the most publicity but we are extremely deep at receiver. Three other notables are DJ Woods, Armon Binns, and Marcus Barnett.

-Our running game is sufficient and not great. It is used almost as a play action to keep pass rushers honest. Ramsey is our power back, Pead is our fast shifty back.

- UC will be getting their leading rusher from last season back although they are a running back by committee team.

- Tony may have been sacked 2 or 3 times this year. He does a great job keeping plays alive.

HOW TO BEAT UC is clear IMO.

You need to smack Tony in the mouth. He doesn't handle getting hit too well. It is hard to do because we have so many short passes. He reads defenses so well so he doesn't hold the ball in the pocket too often but may scramble.

It sounds dirty but if I were an opposing defender I wouldn't mind getting a couple roughing the passers on Tony. No way anyone should try to hurt someone but honestly it might be the only way to slow that guy down.

Our pass defense is weak. We are very young in the secondary and can probably be beat there. We will give up the small stuff but not the home run.

If USF wins it will be because they ran effectively. Keep the ball out of Tony's hands. He will not be stopped but cant do much if he is on the side line.

I really don't think you guys having our D coordinator means much. Kelly didn't have him back for a reason.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome aboard!

HOW TO BEAT UC is clear IMO.

You need to smack Tony in the mouth. He doesn't handle getting hit too well.

Music to our ears!  I have to believe getting to him is Job 1 for the Bulls defense.

USF has a very good D line. If they cant get to Tony with their front 4 it is not a good sign.

You cant blitz us because we have 4 or 5 receivers and Tony will eat that up. You must get pressure and you must do with without blitzing.

That is my opinion at least. I have seen a lot of UC games. This is the key to success.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Our defense is currently stacked with at least 4 NFL first day draft picks, so I think they will do pretty well.

Our weaknesses, simply watch the 'cuse game for a reply and they will be glaringly obvious.

I think we match up well though.  A Big Offense vs. a Big Defense.  

• Content Count:  5,241

I agree with that analysis 100%

IT should be a great game, hopefully coming down to the wire with USF winning.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The game though will be won on the other side.

USF O vs. UC D

Cincy will score between 14 and 24. What will USF score?

That will decide the game.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

How well does Pike scramble and roll out of the pocket, or is he more likely to hold his ground in the pocket?

• Content Count:  47

Pike is very comfortable in the pocket, but when he needs to scramble he can.  When he does scramble he does a very good job of looking upfield and directing recievers if the play has broken down.  He has been pretty good about throwing the ball away if there is nothing there before taking the sack.  We will roll him out of the pocket if we have to and he can throw well on the run.

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

kelly didnt have tresey back because of their differences in philosophy.  tresey likes to run a 4-3 and kelly likes to run a 3-4.  we are happy to have tresey.  you are definitely right about smacking pike in the mouth though, other than his height, he looks puney and im not sure he could handle being hit constantly.  it will be tough to get hits on him though because he gets rid of the ball so fast.  

The game though will be won on the other side.

USF O vs. UC D

Cincy will score between 14 and 24. What will USF score?

That will decide the game.

I can not imagine UC on scoring 14-24. I really think UC will score at least 28. If USF expects to put up 21 and win they might need to change that philosophy. I could be wrong but I dont know.

Archived