• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you want to see on Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We have re-hashed the FSU game to death, we have complained about the "experts" picking this to be a major trap game, we have watched highlights, we have hand washed Daniels and Pierre-Paul's jock straps.

So, here it is, nearly Friday, and we haven't really gotten to the Cuse game. So, what are you guys/gals looking for from our team this week?

For me...

1. BJ needs to make better passes. He missed a lot of open guys last week. I believe that it was nerves and fatigue, but I want to see his comfort level go way up, and him start hitting those throws again. He hit them in the first 3 games in mop up duty, so he can do it, but this game goes a long way to proving that he is ready to lead.

2. Would like to see 100+ rushing yards from our backs. I don't care if we have 10 guys with 10 yards, let's grind it out a little. This will also show us a little bit of how teams react to film of BJ. Running backs will get the ball more because Cuse will likely key on BJ more than FSU did (leading us back to BJ making the passes)

3. Defensive intensity needs to stay up. If they come out like they did on Saturday, it will be fun to watch. We're going to give up some plays, but we need to hit like Saturday, even the threat of getting punished is good enough to potentially cause a couple of drops

4. Jessie Hester

5. Get the ball to Mitchell, Bogan, Wilson, Love and lets see them make some plays. I don't know that we had these guys ready to make plays on their own last year, they seem to be getting there. New WR coach seems to be doing well, but we still need to see if they are consistent

6. Bulls win by 14+, there is no reason to let Syracuse hang around. We should score early and often, and our defense should pretty much shut them down. Can't let Mike Williams get loose.

7. Evan Landi needs to take snaps, hope we can get him in in the 4th and let him get some game experience.

What's on your list? Cuse fans, feel free to chime in.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

a W

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I just wanna see us win comfortably.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

1) the game

2) a win

3) a nice lead early in the game to give Landi some game time

4) no injuries

5) perhaps a top 25 ranking when the polls come out Sunday so our Cinci game gets more hype

6) improvements in our special teams play-- punt coverage and FG kicking in particular.

ps- #6 isn't a swipe at Schwartz-- I thought he showed a nice leg in the game. He barely missed kick 1, He hit it off the upright in number 2 and drilled number three. If we can nail down being able to kick anything within 40 yards, it will be a big feather in our caps

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

BJ being more accurate with the crossing pattern.  That route is such a critical part of our offense but if he cant hit it consistantely that it is a VERY dangerous play.

Also, have him stop throwing off his back leg all the time.

I think this game will give BJ a chance to get some much needed experience heading into the Cincy game.

if we are winning by a safe margin, let's be smart and pull BJ out to give Landi some time in a live game at QB.

It keeps BJ from being hurt for no reason and allows us to have someone able to come off the bench if needed who isn't facing one of our toughest opponents without a lick of real time experience.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i dont really anticipate a walk away blow out type win.

i dont really anticipate a walk away blow out type win.

I am just hopeful for one because we need to get some experience with our backups, especially at QB. It might not go that way-- I wouldn't want to guarantee that by any means-- but it would be a nice opportunity if it did.

If we just grind out the game with a lot of Mike Ford and good defense and win by 10 or so-- I will still be happy that we got the W-- that is priority #1

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

a W

qft

Archived