• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you want to see on Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

1) Cuse was losing 28-0 with 5 min left in the game.  Thats a pretty sound beating no matter how you want to try to spin it.

2) Its hard for fans to not look back because we're not on the field practicing, watching game film, preping and focusing on the next game

3) The players have also known this the past 4 years, yet somehow have managed to beat Syracuse soundly every single time.

4) Progress?   They've given up 300+ passing yards the past 2 games each in which they played a bad NW team and Maine.  NW had 466 yards of offense against them (USF has given up 476 yards in their past two games total).  Again, this isn't just a bad defense, this is an outright horrible defense that Syracuse is fielding. 

Hey, if you all want to have past seasons make you debbie downers, then fine, sit on Saturday watching the game biting your nails the whole time.   

The reality is the only time Syracuse has played a decent D this year, they were held to 7 points.  Their defense is high school aweful and can't seem to cover a pass if their life depended on it.  USF's D has improved game to game,  they have vastly superior speed on offense with BJ and Lamar, and they've never played down to the level of Syracuse. 

Worry if you want, I'm ready to enjoy a good butt whipping.

I just hope your team is as cocky as you have been all week.

A lot of this game will come down to if Arthur Jones is 80-90% or less than that. If he's not healthy, then it's going to be a long day for SU. If he is good to go, then USF will have trouble running the football, as they likely won't be able to run up the middle and the rest of the team can concentrate on the outside.

That means SU are going to force Daniels to beat them with his arm, which he has yet to show he is capable.

SU's defense is ranked 14th in the country in rushing defense. Not bad for a D that's "high school awful." SU's passing D stats look bad because they have forced teams to beat them through the air.

After the first two games, people were raving about how improved the D was from the last four years under Greg Robinson (the worst head coach in the history of college football). And this wasn't against D1AA teams like USF was playing - it was against two good Big Ten teams.

But in the third game, Northwestern exposed our secondary a bit and we had to outscore them to win. That QB played the game of his life (he didn't throw a bad pass until his last one, accurate all day) and they still couldn't win. Maine pulled out all of the stops against us, completely changing their identity from a rushing offense to passing. It caught the team off-guard but they shut them out in the second half until a meaningless late touchdown. Also keep in mind...SU played nearly the entire game without Arthur Jones.

That said...our offense is going to struggle against USF's defense. Your DLine should be able to dominate our OLine, and that will make it very difficult for us to score (obviously). Our OLine will have to play the game of their lives, the WR's can't drop any balls, Paulus can't make any mistakes, and we need to force turnovers in our own territory.

But as long as Arthur Jones is healthy enough to play at a high level, it shouldn't be a blowout that you are predicting.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Come out strong, finish stronger and of course the win!  i would also like the same defense show up this week.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I want us to make some pulp free Orange juice.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I would just be happy with a win.

Archived