• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students at the Dome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Now that all the bandwagon students are starting to come to football games, are the students finally going to come out and support the hoops team?  They are going to be MUCH better this year, and a rockin sun dome is way better than a packed ray-jay.  I know none of you have ever seen this, but back in the day it was rockin!!!!

Long live Death Row

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why are the students bandwagon? They came out for Wofford and CSU like we were playing a top 10 WVU. Leave the student badmouthing off this board.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

+1

• Content Count:  329

Yeah, lower bowl of RJS is generally always packed full (at the first 2 games this year).

I personally think the greek system needs to band together and get their community going to the basketball games. It's dissapointing seeing a dead student section (and same students) from game to game.

• Content Count:  42

It is bandwagon with a school that has over 40,000 students.  Obviously you are a freshman and have not been here for a while.  There are countless games where there are only 100 students in the stands for hoops and it is disgusting.  The tickets are free for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  2,478

Gotta get W's. That will help beyond everything. IF they are competitive in most games. Student attendance will go up. I get everyone I can to make it to the games. But to get kids hooked start bigger promotions to get them there! More than crappy XXXL Bright House Sports t shirts. Give away an iPod or something at each home game via a drawing to the students who stay through the game.

Stan Heath is doing a great job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I wouldn't say the stands were packed for the first two home games but I don't blame the students-- neither game was all that interesting-- and plenty of people blew it off.

as for hoops-- well-- not sure what to expect. I will hope we have some reason to have bandwagon fans in the first place. People in Tampa -- except perhaps Buc fans--- do not support/tolerate losing efforts. Nature of the beast imo

but this timely post is really great-- we needed this like a cracker at a wine tasting

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't say the stands were packed for the first two home games but I don't blame the students-- neither game was all that interesting-- and plenty of people blew it off.

as for hoops-- well-- not sure what to expect. I will hope we have some reason to have bandwagon fans in the first place. People in Tampa -- except perhaps Buc fans--- do not support/tolerate losing efforts. Nature of the beast imo

but this timely post is really great-- we needed this like a cracker at a wine tasting

Even the buc fans are starting to not tolerate losing efforts. If it werent for the Bucs buying up the remainder of the tickets, Bucs would have had their 1st blackout EVER the 1st game of the season.

this bandwagon **** needs to end right now. there is a difference between a higher demand for seats when your team is winning, versus a sudden attachment to a team and it's culture after a huge win.

us students bring it every home football game. college basketball hasnt caught on yet at South Florida, but it doesnt mean we are "bandwagon".

• Content Count:  2,478

this bandwagon **** needs to end right now. there is a difference between a higher demand for seats when your team is winning, versus a sudden attachment to a team and it's culture after a huge win.

us students bring it every home football game. college basketball hasnt caught on yet at South Florida, but it doesnt mean we are "bandwagon".

I +1 this!

Archived