• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POLLS: USAT: USF #27, 117 points | AP #29, 145 pts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

The polls are really only there for betting purposes anyway

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743

I think the pollsters (both coaches and writers) may be waiting for us to prove ourselves this year.  The last 2 years we faded quickly after great starts and top 10 rankings. 

This is probably true. Heck, I'm still waiting for us to do prove we have what it takes to put together a full season.  I still take issue with the fact that the teams with history always manage to be in the top 15 no matter how good or bad they are.  See ND at 23 to start. Ohio State still at 9. etc etc etc... the list just goes on and on.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You all already forgot that the other three games were against Wofford, Western Kentucky, and Charleston Southern? Not exactly a murderer's row.

• Content Count:  743

You're right but Kansas's first 4 games weren't either. Northern Colorado, UTEP, Duke and Southern Miss...

Guest BasketBull.

This is the best thing for the team: the guys don't need to walk around thinking they are awesome and no longer need to work hard.

It's no longer about the rankings; it's about the victories.

KEEP ON WINNING!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I am surprised, but probably shouldn't be.  I thought we deserved to be ranked.  Just look at FSU, they went from receiving a total of one vote to number 18 in AP, and something like 390 votes.  We beat that same FSU team and get far fewer votes.  Hmm.

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

although i feel we should be ranked, im ok with the fact that we arent.  the bulls just need to go out and take care of business.  but i do agree with the person that has a problem with byu being ranked, what a bunch of crap.  they get clobbered by fsu at their own place and we beat fsu at their place rather convincingly and they are considered better than us?  the ranking system is wack.

• Content Count:  5,241

bah humbug. I figured we'd be anywhere from #22-25.

Cincy deserves there ranking, they beat some decent out of conference teams, and crushed rutgers.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Everyone out here was saying "Oh, you guys will get ranked now"! 

I reminded them we were as high as #2 in '07 and #10 in '08 and that it really doesn't matter at this point.

What does matter is that we focus and win Big East games now.  Rankings, legit or not, will come when they do.  It's nothing to play for.  There must be a conference championship now.

Archived