• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best Defensive Game Ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We've had some great games on defense overt the years.  But this Seminole team put up a lot of points on Miami and BYU.  To hold them to 7 points, is beyond my wildest dreams.  If you had told me we'd only score 17, I would said we would lose by at least two touchdowns.

• Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

Yeah and also keep in mind without that special teams meltdown it may have been a shutout at Doak.  That is pretty huge.

• Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, we knew this before but now it is confirmed Tresey can coach defense, held FSU to less than 30 yards rushing, I counted 18 yards but might have missed something there.

• Content Count:  2,523

This defensive line is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!  That's what won us the game.  We got tons of pressure only bringing 4.  Good thing, bc even then they still found holes as we lost their WRs.  However, many of those passes were just milliseconds from being big sacks.  Definitely looks like the DLine had been holding back the first few weeks bc FSU's OL is no slouch.  Tell you one thing, it's nice to have the depth and talent to take advantage of Selvie eating up more than one guy on the other side.  JPP, Marshall, Harris, all of them were getting hits on Ponder...

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

This defensive line is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!  That's what won us the game.  We got tons of pressure only bringing 4.  Good thing, bc even then they still found holes as we lost their WRs.  However, many of those passes were just milliseconds from being big sacks.  Definitely looks like the DLine had been holding back the first few weeks bc FSU's OL is no slouch.  Tell you one thing, it's nice to have the depth and talent to take advantage of Selvie eating up more than one guy on the other side.  JPP, Marshall, Harris, all of them were getting hits on Ponder...

It took about a quarter, but the ends (whoever we threw out there) were blowing by the FSU line.

• Content Count:  1,894

safe to say JPP will be in the game from now on. Nate allen earned his draft status as of now and the rest of the d-line showed they are one of the best int he nation let alone the big east.

• Content Count:  57

Wow.. Great to see the D step up, and give new QB, BJ Daniels a chance to shine!!!!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lejiste became one of my favorite bulls today.  That kid hits with bad intentions. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Lejiste became one of my favorite bulls today.  That kid hits with bad intentions. 

That was the biggest surprise to me on defense.  I didn't realize he could hit like that.  Made up for the loss of Young.

Archived