• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PA announcer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

Let's be honest...HOT is sitting over in the corner like they are being punished...they are hardly playing...just last night they got word to play something after every first down....maybe just something to think about.... ::)   Maybe let them play instead of playing the hottest new music….hello that’s what they are there for!  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Taaaaa-rooooo   Bullgirl!!!   Just look at FSU or USC band! They play when they want and as often as they want!!! And they are good. I think too many constraints are put on the band and the students as well. Oh crap   here we go again!!!

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I want to hear a song like "Chinese Bandits for every Bulls first down!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

That's not a bad line of thinking. USF doesn't have any real 'tradition' to speak of , so the sooner stuff like that gets started, the better off we'll all be.  8)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

WOOLYBULLY,

I agree with you that someone should sing the alma mater to get the fans singing along. But lets be honest, half the fans are still out there tail gating when we play the alma mater. It all goes down to attendence. If we can get at least 40k per game then we have a better chance to get more people singing the alma mater. My beef is that we play that NFL/NHL/ SAN DIEGO'S Bells Hells!!!! We play that every **** 3rd down and it is old and already used up. I just stop getting into the game because I get sick when I hear that over and over. I love AC/DC, but is it just not for college football. USF used to have it down when they played that war song last season. Why not stick with tradition and continue to use our war song more often. I will never forget when the Western Kentucky coach said that he was glad to get out of Tampa because of the Herd of Thunder kept playing the war song. USF needs to stick with its guns.

• Content Count:  2,052

I second that BB

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Yes Rebe, the "Green Zone" thing is terrible.  It really needs to go.

The amount of PA music  needs to be reduced also.  As do the number of commercials.  It would be nice to not have  the replays cut short by commercials.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

They played the "Hey Song" once.  I was disappointed, I enjoy yelling out, "We're gonna kick the **** outta you!"

And-- I LOVE our fight song!

I wasn't paying attention to the announcer much since I know the lines already.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

My 2 cents.

1.  Agree that someone who can react faster needs to control the down and distance.  My 12 year old will say the down and distance as soon as the refs converge from the sidelines within 3 seconds of the whistle blowing.  Half the time the scoreboard changes at the snap or not at all.

2.  Cut the PA music in half.  College games should be more about the band than AC/DC.

3.  HOT should learn the opponent's fight song and before the teams come on the field they should go over to the SE corner to play it for their fans.  Then march over to the Bulls bench and play our fight song.

4.  Bag the Alma Mater before the game.  Either play it at half time or after the game is over.  Over time 4-5 years, students would stay and people would begin to gather near the field to sing it with the team after the game.

5.  I can't stand the PA guy "explaining" tradition to us before the game and asking for an "inspired shout of Go Bulls" during the fight song.  His "please rise" gets many people standing because they think the national anthem is coming, then they awkwardly sit down when they realize it is for a fight songs. This is all very bush league - just play the songs and over time and people will start arriving earlier and standing themselves.

6.  Stats please.  Why can't we have one board on each side scrolling up to the second stats - this all has to be computerized as the game progresses and can't be that difficult to display.  In another post, I said that is the one great thing about UCF at the citrus bowl.

7.  Finally, what happened to the pre kickoff video of the techno bulls and shots of great hits?  It was not their last night at all.  We have the greatest video screens in college football - we should take advantage of them and do a pregame video like the BUCS with their ship destroying the other team's ship.

Thanks for listening.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

2) BullHeaded - Did you ever notice ... at schools like Michigan and Notre Dame and Florida State, when their offense makes a positive play, they play a few bars of the fight song?? It gets really annoying.  I'd rather have a random assortment of popular music/rock than the HOT.  HOT should play the fight song after we score.

3) Speaking of the fight song... now that we are a BCS program, shouldn't we take the time to learn the words?  I've never heard the fight song actually sung -- but there ARE words to the song. ("USF Bulls are we...").  Hell, I hate to say it but I still know all the words to the Michigan State fight song (my father's alma mater).

Now that we are a BCS team lets not learn this fight song but come up with a real "fight" song....ours stinks. If I was hailing the conquering heroes as Michigan does in their fight song then I'd get into it also, instead we get some be-bop tune and spell out our name like some 80s high school cheer. We have darkened our colors and redone our logo to create a tougher more respectable look lets do the same to our lame fight song as well.

Watching Michigan last week their band is playing Black Sabbath and we play the Village People  ::)

BTW, does the HOT know more then YMCA and Woolybooly? I think those are just about the only 2 songs I have heard them play in the past 3 years. C'mon guys get creative and play some things that will fire up the crowd (this is football not a wedding) until then I'd just assume have the music.