• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does it bother anyone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Hell why should the media care?? Our own fans think that we're doomed. Or should I say The Grothe supporters. I hope that our players not reading garbage thats been written the past two days.

Has their really been that much doom and gloom about the season in here?? There has been about Matt, personally, but I haven't noticed that many saying the season is doomed ...

Well it hasn't been positive. I just want the players to know that we got there backs going to Tally. The ACC is a weaker conference then the BE.

where is these negative posts you speak of? i have seen zilch related to negativity. the only negative posts i see are yours

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Hell why should the media care?? Our own fans think that we're doomed. Or should I say The Grothe supporters. I hope that our players not reading garbage thats been written the past two days.

Has their really been that much doom and gloom about the season in here?? There has been about Matt, personally, but I haven't noticed that many saying the season is doomed ...

Well it hasn't been positive. I just want the players to know that we got there backs going to Tally. The ACC is a weaker conference then the BE.

Do you expect it to be positive?  We lost our quarterback who has been the heart and soul of USF football for 3 and a half years now, and lead us to some of the greatest moments USF football will ever go through.

Sorry if a lot people on the board aren't exactly optimistic.  This is a big hit to the program.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

where is these negative posts you speak of? i have seen zilch related to negativity. the only negative posts i see are yours

I can't recall who it was, but there was at least one "poster" that said he hopes we go to the St. Pete bowl. Basically saying that that would be a good thing this year. There have been plenty of negative posts.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

A question. On what do you base your belief that the BE is better than the ACC?  I know that it's very early and the rankings don't mean much, but they're all we've got to measure right now. Miami, VPI, UNC, FSU, all ranked plus GT right outside the top 25. We have Cinci. We will have plenty of opportunity to prove your point, but as it stands now, the measuring tool that we have doesn't support your belief.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

No coverage of the actual game, so im not too surprised. It got tons of coverage on the internet, which is where a large majority of us get our news now, so im not too bothered by it

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

else that Matt's injury received no air time?

I understand we aren't in the Top 25 this year.  And I haven't been able to watch every minute of SportsCenter.  But I just think that when the Big East leader in total yards goes down it should get a mention.  Can't help but think that if were Pat White last year it would be splattered all over SC.  All I saw on College Football Live today was his name on a list of other injuries around the country. 

it was listed on the front page of ESPN on Sunday

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

We aren't ranked and we haven't played anybody so far............why would the media be all over this story if you're outside the Bay area?  It's huge news for us, but nobody cares about USF nationally.

Don't be bothered by it though.  It is what it is.  We just need to make our name by beating FSU this week.  The Auburn and WVU wins are ancient history now......

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

It definately bothers me that its barely mentioned and seems almost dismissed.  I hope the team at least can use this as a motivator.  In fact, I'd like to see them do all their talking on the field.  The results of this year's season should be seen as an indicator of how much Matt meant to the program.

Kinda like the gipper thing but USF style.  I would challenge the team to dedicate every game (at least in part) to MG as well as KD.  Let's see some resolve to play well and win.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

else that Matt's injury received no air time?

I understand we aren't in the Top 25 this year.  And I haven't been able to watch every minute of SportsCenter.  But I just think that when the Big East leader in total yards goes down it should get a mention.  Can't help but think that if were Pat White last year it would be splattered all over SC.  All I saw on College Football Live today was his name on a list of other injuries around the country. 

yes and no

yes for the reasons you mentioned

but no in that usf starts the season with such a ridiculous schedule no one outside dieahard fans gives a ratsarse about usf

Archived