• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hester Sr. excited about son playing at FSU

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

The name will be a familiar one to Florida State fans when Jessie Hester steps onto the field Saturday at Doak Campbell Stadium as USF takes on the Seminoles.

USF's senior receiver, the son of former FSU receiver Jessie Hester, has been limited by ankle and hamstring injuries and has missed the last two games. His father said Monday that he expects Hester to play this weekend in a stadium he watched games in regularly growing up.

"He's going to play. I don't think he's going to miss this one, hamstring or not," said Hester, who played for the Seminoles from 1981-84 and is now the head football coach at Glades Central High in Belle Glade.

Whether his son can play or not, Hester said Saturday will be a proud day for him, despite the odd feeling of returning to Tallahassee to cheer against his old team.

"There's a lot of mixed emotions, but no question, my allegiance that day will definitely be with the Bulls," said Hester, who said he'll be wearing USF colors and sitting in the Bulls' section. "That's my son, and blood is always thicker than water."

Hester hasn't been to Doak Campbell Stadium in five years, making his son's games a priority on Saturdays. Glades Central has a game Friday night, but he'll hurry up to Tallahassee to catch the game.

"To see him playing at that level is a proud moment," said Hester, 46, who still ranks seventh on FSU's career list with 21 touchdown receptions.

Tuesday will be the 25th anniversary of one of Hester's best games as a Seminole -- on Sept. 22, 1984, with FSU facing No. 4 and defending national champion Miami in the Orange Bowl, Hester took a reverse 77 yards for a touchdown and went over 100 yards rushing and receiving in a 38-3 upset of the Hurricanes.

Hester said his son knows Doak Campbell Stadium's traditions and said he thinks that familiarity will motivate his son against the Seminoles on Saturday.

"He knows the whole atmosphere, seeing Chief Osceola come out on Renegade and throw that spear down," Hester said. "I'm sure it'll have the same effect on him."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/09/hester-sr-excited-about-son-playing-at-fsu.html#comments

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i hope Hester can play in this game but he didnt even dress last week. 

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

i hope Hester can play in this game but he didnt even dress last week. 

Could've been precautionary. 

• Content Count:  701

^^ YES!!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

In a perfect world, Jessie catches the winning TD pass for USF in this game.

Almost. In a perfect world....Hester would be catching the winning TD thrown by Grothe.

• Content Count:  693

Holy crap, the day his dad had that career game against Miami was the day I was born. I will be in Tally this weekend and maybe me being at the game will have Hester Jr. have an incredible career game like his dad did that day.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

In a perfect world, Jessie catches the winning TD pass for USF in this game.

And it putting us up by 2 TD's  ;D

• Content Count:  2,726

I'd like a 38-3 type score.  That'd be nice.

DT

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

And after he catches the winning pass he stage dives into the FSU band. TaDAAAAAAA

Archived