• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First three games of schedule has handicapped program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

We have no idea where the program stands, and neither does the polls.  We arent even on the map right now.  And I dont think it would be any better if we would be playing FIU this weekend instead of CSU.

WE need to schedule stronger. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

It really sucks. It will take at least a quarter, maybe the first half to get up to game speed against FSU. Hopefully this is one of the games the coaches can get the players mentally prepared for

• Content Count:  239

It has--if nothing else--neutered my crazed fandom during my favorites sports time of the year...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i have been saying this for years

it is the ksu(leavitt) way

schedule patsies,pile up meaningless wins and stats and never win anything

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I will agree that I think at some point, CJL and Doug need to consider modifying our scheduling formula. I understand scheduling in our division is difficult. But with the 2 BCS, 2 Non-BCS and 1 FCS model, it is pretty week when both of those Non BCS schools come out of the Sun Belt Conference. Then if one of the BCS schools is perceived as weak then you look like you have a real week schedule.

Next season, we play Stony Brook, Western Kentucky and FAU at home. Sure you have Florida mixed in there but I would like to see us try us schedule some perceived less weak teams, i.e. a Memphis, ECU or Southern Miss.

• Content Count:  4,738

I will agree that I think at some point, CJL and Doug need to consider modifying our scheduling formula. I understand scheduling in our division is difficult. But with the 2 BCS, 2 Non-BCS and 1 FCS model, it is pretty week when both of those Non BCS schools come out of the Sun Belt Conference. Then if one of the BCS schools is perceived as weak then you look like you have a real week schedule.

Next season, we play Stony Brook, Western Kentucky and FAU at home. Sure you have Florida mixed in there but I would like to see us try us schedule some perceived less weak teams, i.e. a Memphis, ECU or Southern Miss.

wow.  equally pathetic next year.  we arent playing anyone that will get us ranked.    we arent playing anyone that will prepare us for conference play or for such an important game like FSU that might as well be as important as a conference game when it comes to recruiting

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

we play FSU and Miami, which are not only BCS non-con teams, but they are also in-state heavyweights.

while i would certainly liked to have had more of a test before heading to Tally to see where this team really is, i don't think our schedule itself is weak...  the timing just sucks.

but if we can beat FSU and Cuse, we will be right within striking distance when we come home to face a [likely] ranked Cinci team.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree... we need to add more depth to our OOC games...

We should also mix in Big East teams earlier in the season... why not make Syracuse our second home game, even though they are a doormat it would let us know where we stand better then 2 FCS schools.

Why can't we lure in a Duke, or Southern Miss.  ???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

FSU & UM then UF & UM are bad ?

The easy 1AA & two 1A games are part of USF economics ... how many times do we have to go over this ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I agree... we need to add more depth to our OOC games...

We should also mix in Big East teams earlier in the season... why not make Syracuse our second home game, even though they are a doormat it would let us know where we stand better then 2 FCS schools.

Why can't we lure in a Duke, or Southern Miss.  ???

be careful what you wish for-- Cuse has a new coach who seems to have a good plan going on up there. They looked like a completely different team from last year -- the way they were playing, not the result. Cuse can bounce back and play meaningful football-- just in time for your plan to bite us in the ass (they... lost... to ..... SYRACUSE?)

Archived