• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Wants an Indoor Practice Facility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'd settle for a BE championship.

It's one thing for Kelly at cincy to bring this up when they were promised to him years ago but Leavitt needs to bring back some of that BCS money to justify his salary let alone an indoor practice  facility that the big boys in this state do fine without.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF trolls in 3......2......

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe Tampa should get the NFL to help them with that the next time they host the Super Bowl, since one of the two teams always practices at USF.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

It's one thing for Kelly at cincy to bring this up when they were promised to him years ago but Leavitt needs to bring back some of that BCS money to justify his salary let alone an indoor practice  facility that the big boys in this state do fine without.

Fair enough, but if you're going to tie his hands like that then you aren't allowed to complain either.  It goes both ways 94, you can't tell Leavitt to 'shut-up and do his job', and not recognize how inferior his facilities are in relation to the rest of the Big East let alone FL.  And if you are going to do that then you have to be willing to accept that what we get is about what we pay for....winning BE Championships goes to the schools that pay for them-- WVU, UL, UC (who yes already went through one major round of facility improvements and just completed their 'athletic village)'.

It's kind of funny that Kelly is complaining since UC has just completed one major round of facility improvements that puts UC already miles ahead of USF. 

• Content Count:  639

I've been inside UCF's indoor practice field, great playing surface and really beneficial for this part of the state w the thunderstorms. I think that EA sports commercial was filmed there. I do think it should only be used when there is lightning nearby, if it's just raining, practice outside

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

If USF football set up a specific fund, I would be willing to donate as well!  I would really like it if we had funds set up into which we could choose what to contribute too.

I would like to see something like this also.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Fair enough, but if you're going to tie his hands like that then you aren't allowed to complain either.  It goes both ways 94, you can't tell Leavitt to 'shut-up and do his job', and not recognize how inferior his facilities are in relation to the rest of the Big East let alone FL.  And if you are going to do that then you have to be willing to accept that what we get is about what we pay for....winning BE Championships goes to the schools that pay for them-- WVU, UL, UC (who yes already went through one major round of facility improvements and just completed their 'athletic village)'.

It's kind of funny that Kelly is complaining since UC has just completed one major round of facility improvements that puts UC already miles ahead of USF. 

I'm not sure what a new baseball stadium, new tennis courts or a new parking garage have to do with Kelly winning the BE. We have a new athletic center just like they do. Kelly has no practice facilities. they practice at their stadium. They had to practice at an indoor soccer stadium to prepare for the orange bowl. Not sure they are miles ahead of our football program, facility wise.  

None of the big boys in this state seem to need an indoor practice facility to be successful.

• Content Count:  4,016

I'm not sure what a new baseball stadium, new tennis courts or a new parking garage have to do with Kelly winning the BE. We have a new athletic center just like they do. Kelly has no practice facilities. they practice at their stadium. They had to practice at an indoor soccer stadium to prepare for the orange bowl. Not sure they are miles ahead of our football program, facility wise.  

None of the big boys in this state seem to need an indoor practice facility to be successful.

Oh please, are you really going to argue semantics, talking about programs that have national championship trophies, and on campus stadiums not ahead of us?  UC also completed an athletic village to include dormatories, dining facilities, and other ancillary improvements.  The next wave includes improvements which Kelly is complaining about.  They've got more now and have guaranteed Kelly even more.  We haven't even guaranteed Leavitt any of that just a promise that if he keeps on truckin that stuff will eventually come someday.

The fact is USF doesn't have all those facilities, and trophies, and history so we need to at least have all the basics like a dining facility, and quality practice fields--- screw indoor practice fields, why don't you bring up the fact 94 that Leavitt has been waiting four frickin years to get the new practice fields built closer to the athletic facility.  Hell get that done and it may at least placate him...realize the delay on that alone should explain why he's so exacerbated with the delays.

• Content Count:  639

FSU is trying to get one built, not sure if the plan is finalized but I think they have a big donor that's stepped up to help w the cost

Miami doesn't get nearly as much lightning as Tampa so I doubt they will try to build one and they don't have the funds of the other Big 2 in the state

Archived