• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New School Mascot (Lions) & Colors (Blue and White) for USF???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Hey everyone... I came to the site today after a litle sabbatical and just saw that there are ads all over the The Bullspen for Penn State.  I guess google ads has a deal with Nike b/c there is a banner ad rolling through authentic Penn State jerseys and a big "Lions Pride" sitting next to it.

Go BULLS!!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

I hope you visited the link..  :)

If we changed our colors it would be to Red and Black and we'd be the Pirates.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I clicked it a few times... don't they have to pay for each click?

Yeah they do, but please only click on ads you have interest in.

Message for all:

Do not repeatedly click on ads.  Google frowns on that, and as a Google advertiser myself, I hate paying the cost per click when somebody on the other end is just rapid clicking them..  I am not allowed to invite you to click on them, but it is my duty to tell you not to click irresponsibly.  :)

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Yeah they do, but please only click on ads you have interest in.

Message for all:

Do not repeatedly click on ads.  Google frowns on that, and as a Google advertiser myself, I hate paying the cost per click when somebody on the other end is just rapid clicking them..  I am not allowed to invite you to click on them, but it is my duty to tell you not to click irresponsibly.  :)

Okay, so we don't click on it because it's not right for penn state to have to pay money. Okay....I get your drift. ;)

You should explore each ad, just not repeatedly in short time span. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

since i have no affiliation with the website I am allowed to say this....

CLICK AN AD ONCE PER DAY. If you go nuts clicking every ad on the page Google will know what you are doing and not credit each click.

Wherever, on this website, and on others where it says "Ads by Google" they are known as pay per click advertising...

The ads you see are being created by Google adwords users. What they do is the following: Advertisers bid on keywords. Depending on how much they bid, their ad will be higher or lower or rotated less often.

Google tries to match websites with relevant ads. Since this is a football forum, google knows that we are all interested in football stuff. Therefore, they offer football related ads. Often times google isn't precise enough to match their ads to this website with ALL South Florida Bulls advertising. You may see a few.

Often times advertisers will create what are called landing pages. They are custom ads that appeal to you more specifically. For example, for someone searching "USF Bulls", you may see TICKET TANGO with their ad displaying "S. Florida Bulls Tickets". When you follow that link you are directed to their site in the area where they are selling USF tickets. This way they are able to get the most money per click as possible.

I am very familiar with search engine optimization and google's web based tools used for advertising. Hope this helps people to understand what is going on.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

this clicking stuff is odd too me

it makes money for the website

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

this clicking stuff is odd too me

it makes money for the website