• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vineyard Vines @ USF

usfsig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

So one of my friends is the Vineyard Vines rep for USF. He had a real hard time trying to get them to even let them be a rep at this school because people here don't really wear their clothes. Well he convinced them to let him rep down here and in the last year he has been trying to get Vineyard Vines to make USF gameday apparell, like they do for a lot of the other schools in the ACC & SEC. Even some BE schools have collections with them. Apparently there are issues going on with the deal and VV is having a hard time getting the copyright from USF to use our logo, because USF is asking for a higher percentage of the profit than other schools like Ole Miss and Alabama for example. For those of you not familiar with their collegiate line ill toss the link in here. They make some really cool stuff like ties and bowties, which you could wear to the game or to work, totes for the ladies, and even gameday polos. The thing that sucks is, if USF doesn't try to stop acting so greedy by this Friday, my friend said his bosses told him they will no longer consider making VV stuff for USF ever. I think this would be bad news b/c its always nice to get some new items out there with Bulls logos on them, especially with a company like this. How would we go out lobbying for this on such short notice and push for USF to stop demanding so much more than the other schools?

http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.browse/categoryID/806d57a2-e329-42d8-af62-89759fcda90c/page/1/showAll/1/

• Content Count:  2,478

No way. Way too much money, and I think they are pretty tacky

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you will never catch me spending $75 on a tie unless i win the lottery

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Something doesn't sound right with what your friend is telling you. Who is your friend dealing with at USF, and are you sure they aren't dealing with anyone from the CLC?

• Content Count:  2,478

Hey guys, this is a USF Based tie here. It is a fundraiser for a few different groups on campus. I have one and it is a very good tie. Just since it was brought up here I figured I would pass it on. Only $20 too.

These look pretty classy

www.usfties.com

• Content Count:  4,016

I've seen those ties before.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat if USF was added.  I'll keep the link just in case.  Hope you can get the license but I don't think it's anyone's position to say USF is being 'greedy'....they have an apparel marketing company hired to decide what is righteous and what is not. 

• Content Count:  1,412

that doesn't sound correct...

USF has an outside firm to handle all licensing of apparel called Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).

They should be going through them, not USF.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you will never catch me spending $75 on a tie unless i win the lottery

i can only imagine

• Content Count:  809

yeah, something does sound fishy.

USF's rate is 10% with CLC. It went up this year back in April I believe.

That's a VERY VERY VERY competitive rate. The MAJOR schools are much greater than 10%.

As for ties, there's actually a lack of companies who make USF. I've come across 2 companies in my travels.

Archived