• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, lets get to the real question. How was HOT BAND???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Well???

How were they???

Are they bigger???

They sounded ok on TV.

Go BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Smaller but louder it seemed.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Seemed to be working out the kinks. But good overall.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

They were good as usual. I sit on the East side and hope they turn our way next game. Makes such a big difference which way they "aim".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

As someone who's paid attention to HOT over the years... I was a band geek in HS and my wife was in HOT for 4 years...

This will be a growing year... the numbers looked to be down to around 220 If I counted right... New director and a large graduating class.

The entrance to pregame has changed... for the better IMO. If you are at all familiar with University marching bands it's quite obvious the new director worked for FSU... the changes that have been made look familiar.

Halftime was sloppy... but it was the first game. Paul Simon would have been my first choice but it is what it is... atleast there weren't any cartoon characters running around.

• Content Count:  109

HOT has a new director this year, as you should've heard during pre-game.

There's about 240 this year. Last year was 315, probably because the Bulls did so well the year before.

This year, most of the people who aren't serious were weeded out.

The old pre-game never set properly, the new one is much easier/better to hit on time.

Yesterday was a long day for HOT band, their rehearsal began at 12pm and they went pretty much non-stop.

Yes, Southshore26, Dr McCutchen received his PhD from FSU.

The Paul Simon show is turning out to be pretty cool, HOT just needs to not get wiped out by rain or annihilated by heat so they can have a productive rehearsal.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I thought that HOT sounded great.  I liked the halftime show and could hear them well in Section 113

• Content Count:  971

Smaller numbers, but still solid sound.  Entrance was more coordinated, less rag tag.  Though you usually don't hear woodwinds very well, the piccolos could be heard on one song that featured their section.  Overall, not as loud, but better intonation.  With the participation of the visiting hs bands, we got a glimpse of what a 500-member band would sound like.  WOW!

PS.  They played the national anthem for the first time in a while (no guest vocalist).  It also sounded to me like someone tweaked the alma mater arrangement.  At least I though I heard some parts I hadn't heard before.  Perhaps it was just better balance.

• Content Count:  1,633

Dave, it was hard to hear from 120, which is in the southwest corner.

Paul Simon is a horrible halftime show. I understand the benefits of playing something the crowd can sing along to and get in to, but thats a real bad choice.

Archived