• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clint Trickett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Clint and Rick Trickett know the recruiting game backwards and forwards, up and down. When this process began it was us and WVU. Auburn and Michigan injected themselves into the mix, but the Tricketts knew what they wanted. My read on what they were looking for goes like this.

1. Obviously playing time. WVU had something to offer but we clearly stood out here.

2. Offensive scheme. Nobody in the country can now argue with the credentials of the "Harbaugh Formula"

3. Receiver depth- wow when you look at the fact that McFarland hasn't been really able to crack the ones you have to shake your head. Montgomery, Price, Davis(top 3 round) NFL talent, Gonzalez, Welch, Griffin and Hopkins. And you have the "Big Bird" coming in.

4. Offensive line- this is the one area that needs to be proven. CWT is hard at this one though, I think we will be fine.

5. Coach- WT is the nations darling among FB people. he will have some lumps as he progresses, but he has character and passion. That stuff goes a long way.

6. School and Conference. The no. 1 player in the NFL draft came from Central Michigan, Kavon Webster went in the 3rd round , at least three rounds higher than projected.

7. Education- Depending on the Master's program he selects he might be selecting one of the top curricula in the US.

I know Clint has family ties and a love for WV. I think that is why they got considered. All other things point to us. I think we were placed last in the visit schedule by design. I like our chances. Let the nancies begin warming up.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I keep on looking for updates but I can not find anything on his transfer destination ..his twitter is quiet...I guess he will make the announcement soon...

IMO we are a good fit and have the need...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Andre Davisâ€@FREAKSHOW_813h

@ClintTrickett9 all love bro, you know i was glad to have you, take it easy and enjoy your graduation on Saturday as well

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm almost certain he's going to be a Bull. I move my prediction up to 89%.

I tell 'ya, with him on board, we can all breathe a sigh of relief over the summer.

C'mon, Mr. Trickett!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,083
  • Days Won:  39

If this guy can take a snap under center without fumbling and hand the ball off and occasionally throw then WE NEED HIM ON THIS TEAM.  Maybe we are rolling out UM style private yacht parties to make this happen? :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If he doesn't commit by Wednesday of this week, I think he's not coming to USF. How does a guy who is supposed to start grad school on the 13th going to pull it off in such a short time?

Prediction: down from 89% to 73%

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Doesnt he have to graduate on Saturday? He can commit next week and still enroll by the 13th as long as the school doesn't mess the paperwork up a la Austin.

Could be that he is making sure all the transcripts will be in place and accepted before committing.