• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This football season feels odd to me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

With the exception of UM late in the season it seems to me that the attitude surrounding this game is really similar to the 08 season and also the 07 season after we brought down Auburn. We have some walk-in-the-park games to start of the season, then the possibility of a "benchmark win," (WVU in '07, KU in '08, FSU in '09) followed by a hum-drum game or two (FAU, UCF in '07, FIU, NCS in '08, Syracuse in '09) and then off to mid-season conference play. What scares me is that just like '07 and '08, I can't help but look ahead to the FSU game, and if we win THAT... well then I start praying theres no 2009 de ja vu.

+1

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I am glad that the season is finally here.  it seens sol long since last season and the spring game.  I can't wait for Saturday and i couldn't care less who the opponent is- we would go if our Bulls were playing Clearwater High School!

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

also my sr year and would love to have it be a good one, granted, i had season tix last year and i have no idea how i'll get student tix this year...just going to buy them per week instead, don't care where i sit.

i feel the same way though, almost apathetic about some of the early games. i think part of it for me is that i've been religiously reading espn blogs since last season ended, and following it so much, i already know so many things that i feel like i'm not gonna get to enjoy it til week 4.

in all reality, i'd almost not mind losing to FSU (closely) a bit early on. Starting 3-1 and winning the important games in October/early Nov (esp Cincy, @Pitt, WVU, @RU) are more important, and then beat Miami and @UConn to end the season, we might just be able to have a 10-2 type of year if we came on strong enough. Losing early sounds bad, but running strong from there is actually better in the polls, as we climb later while everyone else falls.

If we did lose to FSU (close hopefully), let's hope they're so good this year as to make the ACC CG game or even win the ACC, so as to boost our SoS argument that if we are 10-2 or 11-1, we only lost to a very good FSU team. Same with Miami, though I think we can beat them at home.

In reality, I'd love to beat both FSU and Miami to help the Big East image portion of the equation, but seeing as how I know we'll not go undefeated, it leaves me at a conundrum finding where we could lose. I think we can beat Cincy and WVU at home, we have that in our favor. I'd say @Pitt, but I really don't think they'll be that good this year. @Rutgers is the other, but it pains me since I will be up there for that game and I'd rather not drop 4 in a row to RU. And either way if we lost a road game at Pitt or RU, that loss could send us into the slump. So losing in a hostile road game @ a very good FSU doesn't sound like the end of the world, since we could get angry and bounce back from that to wreak havoc on the big east, which is where it's important. it would be great to be in-state champs, but it will be for naught if we end up at the pizza bowl at 7-5 :\

5 DAYS!

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly, it is BULLS football.  The only thing that will disappoint me Saturday night at kickoff will be white helmets.  Other than that.. sounding like a coach, we take this season one play, one game at a time.  

Any team can beat us..and we can beat any team... the thing we have to watch is that we don't beat ourselves..

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone else feel like I do.

Yep, its like a new pair of underwear... at first its constrictive and then after a while it becomes a part of you  ;D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I'm just happy it's here.  I couldn't care less about the non-con warm-ups.  I'm looking forward to the Big East.  It's the focus, it's the goal.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Anyone else feel like I do.

I am excited for the season, however with the first 3 weeks being trasy games I am not as pumped as I usually am this time of year. It feels like our season really starts in week 4. Hopefully this is the year we take the Big East.

Couple things have me more than mildly interested ....

- Wofford is not some Charleston Southern type cupcake. Per pre-season Sagarin ratings (for what they're worth) Wofford would be in 5th place in the MAC and WAC, 7th place in CUSA, and 2nd place in the SunBelt ... they'd even be ahead of Syracuse in the BE. They're not just some low level 1-AA team and frankly these type games concern me.

- Excited to finally see some new rb's back there... see if Lamar is as good as advertised ... see if Mo can build on last year and be a feature back.

- We've moved to a new parking lot (#3) and have a little trepidation about new set of Parking Nazis and tree availability over there.

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

You gotta savor every game....from the pre-tailgate prep to the after party!  Besides, with 2 new coordinators will need a few games to get in sync.

Archived