• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe: Under-the-radar Heisman Candidate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Win the Big East first then worry about the accolades.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Newsflash.JPG

ALL OF US WANT AN UNDEFEATED SEASON OVER INDIVIDUAL STATS ... but it's okay to chat about it.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Request to all of you 'masters of the obvious', 'captain brilliants' in the world...just don't type if you're going to give us a preach about wanting "W's" and about Matt not standing a chance.

Thanks, we get it, now stop telling us stuff we already know.  The point about this topic is it would be nice to have Matt included in the mention, and given the fact he could finish his career in the top 5 all-time NCAA yardage that he does deserve some mention.

I know, i know 'all i care about is wins'....but you see, one follows the other.  If matt's doing well enough to continue garnering heisman interest then that mean's we're winning.  For now it's the preseason and the kid deserves to be mentioned.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

But, if he has the big numbers, leads USF to victories against FSU, Miami, and the Big East, why wouldn't the media get behind him like Tebow two years ago, and McCoy/Bradford last year?

Bias.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

From Greg's blog talking to Blackwell's records being broken:

"Let's hope he shatters them, because if he's doing that, we're doing well," Blackwell said. "He's done an awesome job in the three years he's played. I'm excited to see him doing the things he's doing. He's a senior, so he knows what to do and what to expect. I hope he crushes them."

Archived