• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mc Liar/McMurphy getting ripped by his readers for smudging the numbers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

This is ridiculous.

Do we really have nothing to talk about before the season starts?

You guys will talk about anything that hates on McMurphy.

we won't have much to talk about because brett got all the media guys banned :P

Thats a false statement.

How do you know, did you ask Leavitt?

Read his blog about the Board drills...it's obvious. Even GA wouldn't comment on it when asked by posters, b/c he won't throw fellow "reporters" (if thats what you call McMurphy) under the bus.

How do i know?

Lol.

Question of the day.

Sorry but i have a 100% reliable source that confirms why all outside media is banned, and it was indeed because of McDouchebag. 

I have a 100% reliable source as well.  McMurphy himself listed it here in the Odds & Ends section.  (emphasis mine)

ODDS AND ENDS: Leavitt has banned the media from attending USF practices the rest of the season after a TBO.com blog reported a black player screaming profanities and racial slurs, usually directed at blacks, at a white player during Monday's practice. ... Leavitt has been most impressed by Genus. "He is playing better than I expected, which is very unusual, because I put expectations up pretty high," Leavitt said. ... LB Donte Spires, who missed Monday's practice because of academic issues, returned to practice Tuesday.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  407

This is ridiculous.

Do we really have nothing to talk about before the season starts?

You guys will talk about anything that hates on McMurphy.

we won't have much to talk about because brett got all the media guys banned :P

Thats a false statement.

How do you know, did you ask Leavitt?

Read his blog about the Board drills...it's obvious. Even GA wouldn't comment on it when asked by posters, b/c he won't throw fellow "reporters" (if thats what you call McMurphy) under the bus.

How do i know?

Lol.

Question of the day.

Sorry but i have a 100% reliable source that confirms why all outside media is banned, and it was indeed because of McDouchebag. 

I go to practice everyday.

I think i would know why.

• Content Count:  12,293

this isn't the first time the media has been banned from college practices.  and not the first time Leavitt has banned the media.

regardless if brett was the reason why or not...

brett should of never named specific players if he wanted to talk about the discussions that take place during practice.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Like i said my source is 100% accurate and before they were banned were there every day.  They have also talked to many people in athletics about the situation and regaining access.  Also just because you go to practice doesn't mean you are 100% informed about everything that goes on in the athletic department.  My source also has had first hand contact with mcmuffin during this whole thing.  

You usually come with good information right from the horses mouth, but you are wrong on this one.  

that being said...knowning leavitt's track record and opinion about the media in general...

i'm sure he was waiting for the first chance to ban the media from practice.

either way, the fans are the ones who suffer.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

everybody is finally seeing what I have seen for years. mcmurphy brings nothing to journalism. greg and even mcmurphy himself said season tickets were down 12% from last year, yet he says in the headline and tries to make off that tickets are down 16%. the guy is a moron.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Dictionary.com

re⋅port⋅er  /rɪˈpɔrtər, -ˈpoʊr-/  –noun

1. a person who reports.

2. a person employed to gather and report news, as for a newspaper, wire service, or television station.

Also,

Webster.com

Main Entry: re·port·er

Pronunciation: \ri-ˈpȯr-tər\

Function: noun

Date: 14th century

: one that reports: as a : a person who makes authorized statements of law decisions or legislative proceedings b : a person who makes a shorthand record of a speech or proceeding c (1) : a person employed by a newspaper, magazine, or television company to gather and report news (2) : a person who broadcasts news

Some of you conveniently forget this.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

People haven't forgotten they just don't see what he reported as news worthy, seeing how it is common place at football practices all around the country at multiple levels of play.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think it is so funny how people ALWAYS doubt you when you say you know something...

There are TONS of people on this board who have personal relationships with PLAYERS, COACHES, STAFF, OR FAMILY MEMBERS OF ONE OF THE THREE.

Why does everyone doubt that... its not like people are claiming to know extremely famous people or anything.... The guy probly does have a source close to the team who said media was banned because of McMurph...

The majority of people on here are 20+ I don't think very much of us have a lot to gain from lying on an internet msg board...

People haven't forgotten they just don't see what he reported as news worthy, seeing how it is common place at football practices all around the country at multiple levels of play.

question is....does common place = ok?

kids are supposed to come to college to learn how to be professional adults.  that type of language doesn't have a place in the professional world.

however, i think cubanbull, who is a well known trib hater and often very 1 sided, did actually have a good point...

if brett's purpose for sharing that information was to try and shed some light onto this social incorrectness then he went about it the complete wrong way. 

he could of made that point without naming names. and it obviously wasnt the main point of the story.

besides, if a reporter was to do a story on that issue (use of the n word and profanity among college althetes without being corrected) then they would obviously need to attend way more than just 1 team's practice.

however, many coaches use these same words towards the players or in general conversation to build rapport. 

it is part of the sports culture.  hopefully somewhere, behind the tape recorders or camera's lense....the coaches do have talks with these kids about seperating what takes place on the field vs the rest of life.

either way...brett named names when it had no impact on his story.  not a good move.  especially when you are naming names of 18 or 19 year old kids who don;t know they are being listened to for a quote on some blog.

Archived