• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

who will step up and be the next star?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Its too early in my opinion to pick the break out star of the season, however all signs point to Barrington at this time.  We will know more after Game 5 of the season.

isnt that the whole point of asking this question now?

after week 5 hopefully we still wont be questioning it because someone will have stepped up at that point

• Content Count:  10,219

linsey lamar, hopkins or evan landi

one of these three

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'm hoping Washington shuts down his side of the field

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I hope youre correct about Robinson. Hopefully Treasey has talked to him and gotten him in the right frame of mind. He has NFL potential, and he has to prove it all this year. We have all seen what he can do, hopefully he will give 100% full time this year and make a name for himself.

• Content Count:  919

Dontavia Bogan

• Content Count:  4,016

Man everyone is all over the board.  First I think this should be broken out into a series of questions.  Some people are choosing freshmen, and while some of those guys will eventually be 'the next star' donn't fool yourselves into believing they're going to be 'stars' this year.  Guys like Barrington, and others wow coaches in the first week with only helmets on, and because they're like that fancy new toy someone gets.  But by week three, when the hitting is going full bore, the experience will win out.  Take Barrington for example, we're talking about a kid who is around 215lbs right now.  If he is our MLB, we're in trouble.  Kion Wilson is 6-2 240lbs, and benches nearly 400lbs, Lanaris is nearly as big. Barrington is a star down the line, but I'd be surprised, and scared if he was getting meaningful minutes.

I see this as a series of questions again.

1.  Who is the next star to breakout this season?

2.  Which freshmen have star potential?

3.  Which freshmen will have a major impact this season.

1.  The next star to me is a player that hasn't broken out yet, and I agree with the folks that point to Bogans, C-Rob, Ford, and Washington.  All four have had meaningful minutes the past few years, and we've seen them improve each year (Ford was set back quite a bit last year due to injury, and C-Rob disappeared for 2 years due to injury and being in Wally's doghouse).  They all seem poised to breakout this season, and go from role players to bigtimers, each has the physical tools, have done great things in the past, and are ready.

2.  Freshmen that have future star poential in the same vein as a T-MAC, Selvie, or Jenkins--- which I am to presume means this guy has NFL opportunity.  You've got to look at Webster, Barrington, Popek, Giddins, Grissom, BRyant, and maybe Stirrrups.

3.  Major impact freshmen-- Popek, Grissom, Baker, Landi, Daniels, Lejiste, Webster, Lamar, Anthony Hill, Giddin.

Newbies that will make a mark- Jacquian Williams and Stirrups.

• Content Count:  971

It's gotta be Delberado.  Everything happens for a reason.  He bests his Big East kicking record, sets a school record for fg%, wins three games on last second kicks.  Wins Groza award easily.  GO BULLS!

Archived