• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preseason predictions: South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Here is the problem.  If we lose to BOTH FSU and Miami, but win the BEC, there will be a big outcry the the BE is not that strong, and that it is not on par with the ACC,SEC, etc.

If we win the outside games and lose the BEC we are seen as flashes again who cannot win down the stretch.

I can't stand the thought of losing the bragging rights,

Only option is to win all of it...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I think that if we don't give away games with sloppy play, play calling and plain stupidity, we win.

Think about it. FSU is the only team on our schedule that, on paper, is probably more talented and deep across the board than the BULLS.

Prediction? Not a clue.

• Content Count:  5,241

If we win the Big East, we should be able to beat both Miami and FSU, neither of which will win the ACC.

What I want: 12-0

Will we do it? scary to say

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

BDYZR: Miami also has more talent than we do.  It's young and Shannon may not be able to develop it, but it is there.

As for in-conference Pitt, WVU and Rutgers have more than we do.  Not by much but they do.

Guest hm101

WVU has more talent? where? we're stacked with power on D, speed at receiver, and a fantastic QB. WVU has more chemistry and depth, not more talent.

we need at least 9 wins this season, (almost) doesnt matter where they come from. heres why - 9 wins means:

if we lost to both FSU and UM we only lost one in the BE, good (at least last year it was) enough for a title

or, we take one of the in-state's and lose 2 BE games. an in-state victory and 2nd place in the conference is a respectable finish.

WORST case scenario is we lose 3 BE games. still good for middle of the conference and W's over 2 of the big 3.

9 is the magic number IMO

• Content Count:  849

WVU has more talent? where? we're stacked with power on D, speed at receiver, and a fantastic QB. WVU has more chemistry and depth, not more talent.

we need at least 9 wins this season, (almost) doesnt matter where they come from. heres why - 9 wins means:

if we lost to both FSU and UM we only lost one in the BE, good (at least last year it was) enough for a title

or, we take one of the in-state's and lose 2 BE games. an in-state victory and 2nd place in the conference is a respectable finish.

WORST case scenario is we lose 3 BE games. still good for middle of the conference and W's over 2 of the big 3.

9 is the magic number IMO

Depth is sometimes very key, or should I say quality depth is. Lack of quality depth is the reason why we always have a midseason collapse. We could suffer the same fate this year as well if we don't develop our O-line depth, Simmonds should be on the hot seat in the upcoming years if we don't

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

you always want to do well in conference play to play in bcs game

usf will get clobbered by fsu and lose to miami

bulls will be middle of the pack in big east or worse

why would grothe improve dramactically?  he wiill play the same he has last 3 years.look spectacular some times and pedestrian other times

I read this without seeing who wrote it and before I got half way through knew it had to be smazza, lol.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If we win the Big East, we should be able to beat both Miami and FSU, neither of which will win the ACC.

What I want: 12-0

Will we do it? scary to say

Phil Steele is predicting we could have a double digit win season, so you aren't the only one.

Archived