• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preseason predictions: South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Big East more important? You lose to FSU and Miami and you play in the BCS game? How good would we be in that game if we cant beat FSU and Miami? Possibly even having a rematch with them, setting us up for possibly being beaten yet again. Not much could be worse that that. I would take wins over both of those teams before the big east title.

Ditto, placing 2nd in the BE, beating FSU & UM, and winning our bowl is better than winning the BE and getting beat in the BCS imho.

being in bcs would be a great achievement

great press

you need to win your conference if you want to be a player

i never heard being in 2nd place is good------- I AM ASTOUNDED AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in 2nd place, winning a good bowl game, and beating both FSU and Miami which enhances our recruiting in Florida is better than winning the conference and losing or getting completely embarrassed in a BCS bowl. USF is already a player in the conference, but hasn't put everything together. Beating FSU and UM would give us more of a recruiting edge in the BE and would boost our press time far more than winning a weak conference and losing in the BCS.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Big East more important? You lose to FSU and Miami and you play in the BCS game? How good would we be in that game if we cant beat FSU and Miami? Possibly even having a rematch with them, setting us up for possibly being beaten yet again. Not much could be worse that that. I would take wins over both of those teams before the big east title.

Ditto, placing 2nd in the BE, beating FSU & UM, and winning our bowl is better than winning the BE and getting beat in the BCS imho.

being in bcs would be a great achievement

great press

you need to win your conference if you want to be a player

i never heard being in 2nd place is good------- I AM ASTOUNDED AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in 2nd place, winning a good bowl game, and beating both FSU and Miami which enhances our recruiting in Florida is better than winning the conference and losing or getting completely embarrassed in a BCS bowl. USF is already a player in the conference, but hasn't put everything together. Beating FSU and UM would give us more of a recruiting edge in the BE and would boost our press time far more than winning a weak conference and losing in the BCS.

I guarantee you we beat fsu and miami but finish second in BE, we will get a good bowl game out of that as well.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Smazza is that what the judges say about you in court??  you want USF to fail just so you can say I told you so...WHY??   Are you a fan? I mean I understand fans making comments every once in a while about poor play or even making comments about a player. Every single post you have made...what like 10,000 posts are all hating on USF...dude if you dont like them or want them to fail, go follow another team plz!! be a little positive for once, try it, you will feel all warm and fuzzy and wont want to kill your dog anymore   cmon man!!

not true about always hATING

i do call it like i see it

USF FINISHED 7TH IN BIG EAST LAST YEAR and there really is no objective basis to think they will compete for big east title.even i think usf will finish higher than 7th but probably not higher than 3rd

i was a usf fan before you knew about the school so i find your comment funny

and some of what judges say about me is probably true but i have taken steps to try to improve

you need to go back to matt grothe's freshman year when i said he was as good as colt mckoy.in all honesty mckoy as drastically improved while matt hasnt.this is an observation.i do not question matt's desire or heart or character

i will be a fan when you are long gone

While the majority of these statements are true, you are still the most pessimistic man I have ever come across.  Good or Bad....I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

We beat FSU and UM this year, we are 2nd place in the state .... 2nd place in state > 1st place in the BE at this point of our development.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

USF is already a player in the conference, but hasn't put everything together.

Then wouldn't that mean that we aren't a player in the league yet?

Let's look at this honestly, 2005 was our best chance to date to win the league. We were 4-1 in Big East play with a game @ UConn. Win that game and then you had a Big East Championship game at home against WVU. We ended up losing both games. We've been out of Big East championship race by early November each year since.

We have high expectaions, and that is a good thing, but we have yet to live up to them. This year could be different.

We beat FSU and UM this year, we are 2nd place in the state .... 2nd place in state > 1st place in the BE at this point of our development.

We could even be #1 in the state if FSU were able to knock off Miami (long shot yes, but anything can happen), but I would rather be a conference champion. Playing in a BCS bowl game when you're not going up against other Bowl games is huge for exposure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

We could even be #1 in the state if FSU were able to knock off Miami (long shot yes, but anything can happen),

I'm assuming you mean FSU knocking off UF .... even if that did happen, I still wouldn't have the balls to call us #1 .... unless the gators have a losing season.

but I would rather be a conference champion. Playing in a BCS bowl game when you're not going up against other Bowl games is huge for exposure.

I think the exposure of beating both those teams in the same year has a bigger impact on in-state recruiting than playing in a BCS game (that's not the Big One) and in-state recruiting is how we get to the next level on a consistent basis. Of course, who we played in the bowl and if we won might change my opinion on that ...

I'm assuming you mean FSU knocking off UF .... even if that did happen, I still wouldn't have the balls to call us #1 .... unless the gators have a losing season.

My fault. I did mean UF.

Our recruiting shouldn't suffer if we lost to both FSU and Miami, but yet ended up in a BCS game.

All should be moot anyways because I think we should beat Miami this season.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am greedy. I say we beat one or both of those guys (UM and FSU) and win the BEAST and win our BCS bowl game. That way you get instate recruiting by beating one of the Big Boys, some more help by being a conference champ, and you top it off by the exposure of BCS bowl game. Who is with me?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I say win them all and we won't have to worry about it.

Archived