• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How about a new "USF - Bowl" thread?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

'Memph and Cincy - both losses - will be very cold in OH. '

And you said UAB would blow us out.  Keep some faith people and enjoy the games as they come.  If and I say If we beat ECU then we can worry about Cincy.  Cincy is up and down as well and heck Memphis lost to UAB and Cincy.  No one is unbeatable that is left on our schedule but at the same time I believe no team is a sure win including ECU considering we lost to Army.  Let's just hope that we build on the UAB positives and continue to get better so we have a chance for a bowl going into our final game.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

There is such a shortage of bowl-eligible teams this year that 6-5 ought to be enough to go SOMEWHERE. Even if 6 CUSA teams qualify we can land an at-large. The SEC-vs-Big XII Houston Bowl might not have either.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Memph and Cincy - both losses - will be very cold in OH.

That might play into our favor, since this team's strength is the running game and our weakness is defending the pass...just pound it up the gut like they do in the Big Ten!

Wow - one lucky win and suddenly the fire jim leavitt crowd is packing for a bowl trip in December.

I know I will be called a flamer and that I am really not a true Bulls fan but I can assure you that I am - more so than many of you realize.

One game does not convince me that we have suddenly turned the corner.  We stunk against UL.  We choked against Army.  We didn't look very good against USM either.  We struggled to beat a terrible TCU team.  We got spanked by USC and we struggled with I-AA Tennessee Tech and now all of a sudden things are clicking?  

You don't suppose that maybe, just maybe, UAB is a tad over rated and that we were very fortunate that the weather was so bad early in the game that we were able to hang with them?  That once we got the lead we started playing like the USF teams of old (well of the past couple of years anyway) on defense and swarming to the ball and showing more energy and fight out there than we've seen all year?

I say we stand less than a 5% chance of making it to a bowl game as we have to win 3 of our last 4.

I think we can beat ECU in Tampa.  Cincy is an enigma though.  Will they play like they did against Army or like they did against Memphis.  For sure it will be cool and that will be tough for the Bulls.  Fortunately the game is during the day time (3:30 kick off) so most of the game will be in the daylight and not to cool chilly nights you find in Ohio in late November (and possible snow flurries).

After last night Memphis scares the crap out of me and we could be on the end of another UL type drubbing.  Then there is Pitt.  Pitt should be bowl eligible by the time they come to Tampa and as such may play with nothing to lose and will have revenge on their minds.

I would say there is a slightly greater than 50% chance of there being only 4 bowl eligible teams in CUSA this year.

I hope we can do it, but I just don't see it happening.  Winning over UAB, while nice, does not prove anything other than "on any given day . . ."

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

You do have a long shot at a bowl... but its just that a long shot.. my guess is u win 1 of 3 against memphis.. cincy.. and pitt... which one u beat I have no idea... end up 5-6

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

...Wow - one lucky win and suddenly the fire jim leavitt crowd is packing for a bowl trip in December...

Yep...the season is FAR from over. As far as I'm concerned, all we did was flip one-for-one (expected loss at UAB, expected win over Army).  And ECU beat Army, soooooo.....

Again, it depends on what you want to discuss...possibilities or probabilities. I lean more towards probabilities and wouldn't be at all surprised if we lose to Memphis and Pitt.  I'm gonna spot us ECU & Cincy, but if we lose either (or both!) of them, it's not like it will be completely unexpected.

I enjoy the games one at a time, but honestly - do you think this is a bowl caliber team?  A couple of years back, North Texas - with a losing record, but winning record within their conference - got to some bowl game.  I really think there's very few bowl games that have merit (and too many bowl games to start with) so I really would not want to see my mediocre alma mater get into a bowl game because they're the best of the worst.

::)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Well the fact is that many 6-5 and even 6-6 teams make bowls every year and they are NOT worthy of it BUT theyll never turn them down and give a 10-2 Northern Illinois or 9-2 USF their slot. So IF we go 6-5 and get the invite i wont feel to bad because ill feel is a make up for when we went 9-2 and SHOULD have gotten the invite.

With that said lets go one at a time lets beat ECU and coninue improvement is what i like to see.

Here are some interesting numbers in offense:

First 3 games vs SC,TCU and USM

102 rushes 218 yds, 102 passes 585 yds

Last 3 games vs Army,UL and UAB

137 rushes821 yds, 59 passes 362 yds.

137 rushes 821 yds, 59 passes 362 yds.

WOW!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

So, 2.1 yards per rush and 5.7 per pass.

137 rushes821 yds, 59 passes 362 yds.

And then 5.99 yards per rush and 6.1 per pass.

The passing hasn't changed much in yardage, but the rushing stat is huge! Go Bulls!

Kizarvexis