• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hunter Joyer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

June 03, 2009

Football: Hunter Joyer transfers to Tampa Catholic

6a00d83451b05569e2011570bc415c970b-800wi

Highly-touted sophomore Hunter Joyer has transferred to Tampa Catholic, his father Jack Joyer said Wednesday.

Hunter, 6 feet, 240 pounds, is a bruising fullback with speed (he runs a 4.5 40-yard dash) and will also play linebacker for the Crusaders. In two seasons for the Wildcats, Hunter rushed for 1,630 yards and 25 touchdowns. He is academically sound with a 3.3 GPA.

Hunter has scholarship offers from USF and Tennessee. Older brother Kamran Joyer, an offensive lineman, is a USF signee and will begin summer conditioning June 24. His top five choices for colleges are USF, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.

Hunter will also play baseball and compete in weightlifting and track. He reached the state finals in the shot put and he holds world records in weightlifting according to (United Weightlifting Association records). At age 13 (375 pound bench press), 14 (445) and 15 (485).

Hunter was recovering from a torn pectoral muscle last summer and did not compete in weightlifting last year. He reports to his first day of summer conditioning at Tampa Catholic on Thursday.

Hunter is not the lone Pasco County athlete to transfer to Tampa Catholic this year. Land O'Lakes quarterback Stevie Weatherford made the move, but transferred back to his home school prior to spring football. And Land O'Lakes basketball standout Kayli Keough also transferred to Tampa Catholic.

-- IZZY GOULD

izzygould@gmail.com

Posted by Izzy Gould at 02:31:15 PM on June 3, 2009 in Hillsborough County , Pasco County |

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2009/06/football-hunter-joyer-transfers-to-tampa-catholic.html

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

good move TC is going to be really good this year

good move TC is going to be really good this year

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he can now recruit there for us.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,471

"he holds world records in weightlifting according to (United Weightlifting Association records). At age 13 (375 pound bench press), 14 (445) and 15 (485)."

How likely is it that he follows his brother to USF? We need physical freaks like this. That is amazing.

"he holds world records in weightlifting according to (United Weightlifting Association records). At age 13 (375 pound bench press), 14 (445) and 15 (485)."

How likely is it that he follows his brother to USF? We need physical freaks like this. That is amazing.

IMO, more than likely he comes to USF to play with his brother.

• Content Count:  136

From Greg's Blog when Kamran commited:

The 6-foot-3, 317-pounder visited Miami this weekend and decided he had seen enough of the schools and heard enough from the coaches. He was drawn to USF because of its close proximity to home, which would allow for family and friends not to miss a moment of his collegiate career. Three of his uncles and one of his aunts went to USF. He also considered Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Illinois.

Kamran decided not to go out of state because of his tight bond with younger brother, Hunter, who he hopes will join him on the USF football team in three years. "I didn't want to go too far away from my brother," Kamran said. "I've been researching them (USF) a lot. They have good facilities and a good education."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/joyer-commits-t.html

It sounds like the Joyer family and USF has a good history, which leads me to believe Hunter will end up at USF.

From Greg's Blog when Kamran commited:

The 6-foot-3, 317-pounder visited Miami this weekend and decided he had seen enough of the schools and heard enough from the coaches. He was drawn to USF because of its close proximity to home, which would allow for family and friends not to miss a moment of his collegiate career. Three of his uncles and one of his aunts went to USF. He also considered Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Illinois.

Kamran decided not to go out of state because of his tight bond with younger brother, Hunter, who he hopes will join him on the USF football team in three years. "I didn't want to go too far away from my brother," Kamran said. "I've been researching them (USF) a lot. They have good facilities and a good education."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/joyer-commits-t.html

It sounds like the Joyer family and USF has a good history, which leads me to believe Hunter will end up at USF.

Thanks for bringing that article back up again. There was a long thread on here at the time which mentioned that.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=48110.0

• Content Count:  557

That's GREAT newsfor bulls fans! The fact that we are in the running for both of the Greens at TC makes this transfer a pretty big deal. If we could pull just one of the three it would be nice. To pull all three, which is not out of the realm of possiblities, would be HUGE for us. Both of the Greens are national prospects with offers from the likes of USC, UF, UGA, FSU, Tenn.... just to name a few. Come on Joyer, pick USF and bring the Greens with you!  ;D

• Content Count:  12,293

i read that they had 5 uncles graduate from USF>

sounds pretty good that he will end up here

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not familiar with Tampa Bay High School Football, could someone explain to me how one would "transfer" to another high school?

Archived