• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF not in Marve's Final two...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

Wow.....I guess playing close to home since his Dad had prostate cancer wasn't so important after all?!?  ???

I think most people knew that was bs to begin with.

I know.....I like to just keep bringing it up.  ;D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FLM00436~The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson-Posters.jpg

Is there no end to the Marve madness?

Tom Edrington

South Florida Bulls Examiner

May 13, 6:10 PM

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, the Marve land-shark tour is biting everyone again.

Just as others (ESPN) thought and we passed it along, that Lord Robert Marve was preparing to grace Purdue with his presence, the ongoing Marve saga has taken yet another twist.

ESPN blogger Chris Low tells us that now TENNESSEE is in play.

Oh that impish Lane Kiffin.  First his disses Urban Meyer.  Next he gets himself banned from Pahokee High School.  Then he gets rid of some excess players in Vol-Land and now he's a player for Little Lord Marve.

Now according to Low, through those all-to-familiar "sources familiar, close to, with knowledge of" the Marve situation, Marve is now considering, get his -- going to Tennessee as a walk-on.  Make that a walk-on and wait-on, as he'll still have to sit out a year per the NCAA rules.

Marve's father Eugene (Columbo) Marve says they are "investigating" the Tennessee option.  That truly does sound like something Lt. Columbo would do, or perhaps if there's "investigating" to be done involving Tennessee, it may end up with the NCAA doing that, eventually.

So now Purdue takes a spot on the bench along with Nebraska and the University of South Florida.

As far as South Florida is concerned, the old phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder..."  really applies here as the Bulls coaching staff is out eyeballing recruits who are hopefully much better than Marve and won't be nearly as high maintenance.

As for Marve and his "camp," perhaps they are busy brushing up on the words to "Rocky Top."

http://www.examiner.com/x-873-South-Florida-Bulls-Examiner~y2009m5d13-Is-there-no-end-to-the-Marve-madness

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Thank God!!!  ;D ;D ;D Marve did not come here... what a piece of trash to use his fathers illness the way he did...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I would love it if he went to Tennessee. First, there's a 100% chance Lane Kiffin would say and do something truly embarrassing at the press conference. And second, Marve stunk in the ACC. I can't imagine what SEC defenses would do to him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

good luck to Marve with wherever he lands-- he's just a kid and we should not be ******** all over him for no real reason here. I seriously doubt anyone at USF was working all that hard to sway him to us.

"oblivian", here we come

• Content Count:  1,113

Wow.....I guess playing close to home since his Dad had prostate cancer wasn't so important after all?!?  ???

You got that right Brown Bull!  Thank heavens he is not coming here.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

good luck to Marve with wherever he lands-- he's just a kid and we should not be ******** all over him for no real reason here. I seriously doubt anyone at USF was working all that hard to sway him to us.

"oblivian", here we come

I'm ******** on him for using his Dad's illness to break a legal contract... kid or not that shows a lack of character, morals, and ethics

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

"oblivian", here we come

I'm ******** on him for using his Dad's illness to break a legal contract... kid or not that shows a lack of character, morals, and ethics

what contract did he break?

Coaches come and go as they please and athletes have to sit out a year if they transfer to somewhere else.

He hasn't done anything illegal and I think you need to cool your jets on saying his father's illness is BS-- unless you are his doctor or something, which I seriously doubt.

Why get so upset over some kid and where he palys football? He never promised USF a thing and was never really in our plans in the first place. This is a non-issue to me.

• Content Count:  1,829

"oblivian", here we come

Agree! He has a lack of moral standards...

Archived