• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking into the top 25 in 2009

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Let me say first, I would rather go undefeated and be ranked 30th then be ranked 5th and not win the BEC.  However, looking at the schedule I think the earliest we could possibly see a top 25 ranking is the first week of November.  Winning out, including FSU will not do it.

Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I disagree. Whether we are ranked following the FSU game will hinge on how well they are playing. If they are undefeated and ranked in the top 15, then I like our chances. Through attrition alone there will be a lot of teams with losses on their resume. If we go into Doak and beat the a top 15 Noles team I think it will have enough of a ripple effect that it would propel us into a #20 to #25 ranking. A lot of it will depend on the performance of the teams ranked ahead of us. But realize that not many schools would have that high of a quality win, especially on the road.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I would prefer to win the BE even if we finish 8-4.  Winning a conference championship is the next logical step for us.  As for top 25 ranking, I would prefer that in January.  We have done the first half of the season top 25, let's see if we can do the end of the season top 25.

Normal

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Last year, FSU played two 1-AA teams and got ranked shortly thereafter. I remember scratching my head at the time. LOL

Guest BasketBull.

For second -just a split second- I thought this was about USF men's basketball.

DOBRAS --WE NEED YOU BACK!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

For second -just a split second- I thought this was about USF men's basketball.

DOBRAS --WE NEED YOU BACK!

I don't think he has any eligibility left. LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Let me say first, I would rather go undefeated and be ranked 30th then be ranked 5th and not win the BEC.

If you're talking at the end of the regular season, I'm taking the #5 ranking without a doubt. That would mean we only lost one game, probably to the BEC winner, which mean we beat UM and FSU ...

Let me say first, I would rather go undefeated and be ranked 30th then be ranked 5th and not win the BEC.

If you're talking at the end of the regular season, I'm taking the #5 ranking without a doubt. That would mean we only lost one game, probably to the BEC winner, which mean we beat UM and FSU ...

Come on... 1 loss will win the BE... no BE team will go 7-0 in conference... including USF.

My guess is we'll go 10-2... losses at FSU and at Rutgers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Come on... 1 loss will win the BE... no BE team will go 7-0 in conference... including USF.

My guess is we'll go 10-2... losses at FSU and at Rutgers.

Does this mean our bet is off?  Or are you just going to buy me a beer at the preseason tailgate at Capogna's?  You said earlier we would beat Miami and FSU.  I said one or the other.  I believe a cold beer is at stake. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I was strictly going by cpa's scenarios. His second scenario had us ranked #5 but not BE champions. That means were weren't undefeated and there's no way we get to #5 with 2 losses ... therefore, we had 1 loss and it had to be in conference since we didn't win the BEC .... in his scenario, mind you.

Archived