• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking ahead: FSU tickets and home games in 2009

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

there will be tickets for fsu game

relax

I'd be happy to put a small wager on that if you'd like.  I'll bet money that not only does USF sell-out its FSU ticket allotment, but that some USF season ticket holders will not be able to get tickets.

Almost like any game...if you want to go...just go...as you will always find many times CHEAPER tix outside the stadium right before kickoff.

PS. Chances are...USF Booster will probably get first crack at the official allotment and those non-booster season tix holders will probably be left out to dry as I'm sure the USF Booster folks will gobble up the tix first...as that is the benefit of being a booster member...first crack at big game away tix.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I was told USF would receive about 5500 tickets for that game.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

• Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

I will bet that a lot of season ticket holders don't get tickets to FSU. The priority points will screw things up. We've been season ticket holders since day 1 and they keep sending us our priority points and asking for a higher donation

That's interesting...

I've been a season ticket holder for four years, a Green Jacket for three (paid for this year in Feb.) and I've yet to receive my priority points, an invitation and order form for this year's Athletic Auction (after attending last year's and purchasing several items) or anything asking for a higher donation.

I was surprised when I received my 2008 Season Ticket Holder Souvenir in the mail a few weeks ago.

I also think things will get screwed up with regards to the FSU tickets somehow.

I really don't know why it has to be this hard.  I used to be able to see my points on line.  My buddy who bought season tickets with me on day one got a letter explaining his points and his ranking.  I didn't get one so I went on line and now I can't see my points anymore.  It's been three weeks since he got that letter and I still haven't gotten one.  Just don't get it...

• Content Count:  8,158

I suppose its never occurred to anyone to, you know, CALL or anything.  Its easier to ***** about it here.

My statement was late AND wrong... and I called and got it fixed like a grown up.  Woo.  Tough.

• Content Count:  490

I will bet that a lot of season ticket holders don't get tickets to FSU. The priority points will screw things up. We've been season ticket holders since day 1 and they keep sending us our priority points and asking for a higher donation

That's interesting...

I've been a season ticket holder for four years, a Green Jacket for three (paid for this year in Feb.) and I've yet to receive my priority points, an invitation and order form for this year's Athletic Auction (after attending last year's and purchasing several items) or anything asking for a higher donation.

I was surprised when I received my 2008 Season Ticket Holder Souvenir in the mail a few weeks ago.

I also think things will get screwed up with regards to the FSU tickets somehow.

I really don't know why it has to be this hard.  I used to be able to see my points on line.  My buddy who bought season tickets with me on day one got a letter explaining his points and his ranking.  I didn't get one so I went on line and now I can't see my points anymore.  It's been three weeks since he got that letter and I still haven't gotten one.  Just don't get it...

In a way, it's good to know I'm not the only one having these issues.

I've had a dialogue going with my ticket rep. addressing these problems for the better part of two weeks and still haven't had my things resolved to my satisfaction.

I understand today was the deadline for season ticket renewals and I don't want to be too "demanding", but I'm hoping my concerns will be addressed promptly after today.

• Content Count:  490

I suppose its never occurred to anyone to, you know, CALL or anything.  Its easier to ***** about it here.

My statement was late AND wrong... and I called and got it fixed like a grown up.  Woo.  Tough.

See post above.

I'm glad your issues were dealt with.

there will be tickets for fsu game

relax

I'd be happy to put a small wager on that if you'd like.  I'll bet money that not only does USF sell-out its FSU ticket allotment, but that some USF season ticket holders will not be able to get tickets.

Almost like any game...if you want to go...just go...as you will always find many times CHEAPER tix outside the stadium right before kickoff.

PS. Chances are...USF Booster will probably get first crack at the official allotment and those non-booster season tix holders will probably be left out to dry as I'm sure the USF Booster folks will gobble up the tix first...as that is the benefit of being a booster member...first crack at big game away tix.

1) Most season ticket holders are boosters. The minimum to become a booster is $100.

2) Boosters and season ticket holders all qualify for priority points... sure, a big booster who has been giving money since day one will have more than a first-time season ticket holder... but that's the way it works... in most of big time college football (not that you'd be familiar with that)

3) They will probably limit how many each account can purchase.  FIU and UCF were limited to 4 tickets per account.  Expect a similar limitation for FSU this year, Florida and Miami next year, and Notre Dame in 2011....

4) If Sanjay is right, and USF gets 5500, with 1000 for athletics, the band, and some student tickets, 4500 is not a heck of a lot... but it will depend on whether those with high points will want to travel to Tallahassee...

• Content Count:  1,638

Hey idiot - I did call.  Last year a few times and earlier this year.  Kept getting told it was all going to be cleared up.  Perhaps you remember all the posts last year about the letters that were to come then.  Maybe you got one - congratulations - some of us did not.

Don't jump to conclusions and think we all just ***** about it without making calls.

Oh and apparently you need a reminder about this whole message board thing.

When we can't speak directly with the coach - we ****** about their decisions here.

When we can't speak directly with the players, we ****** about their miscues here.

When we can speak with the athletic department and can't get things straight, yes we ***** about it here!

When we are happy with things we can praise them on here (see my Thanks to the Players post I put on here the day after the spring game).

BUT WHEN WE ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT SOMETHING WE ARE GOING TO ******* ABOUT IT HERE!!!

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

In all honesty folks....

you're better off hoping that you don't get tix thru USF. Unless you just HAVE to sit in the USF section.

For starters, the seating chart at Doak was just revised, to give FSU fans better seats, and give the visiting fans worse seats. The USF section is now directly behind the Marching Chiefs in the south endzone, all the way at the top.

Now, FSU season ticket holders will most likely be given the option to purchase up to 4 extra tickets for the game (it happened for the UF game, so it'll definately happen for the USF game). I bought 4 extra tix for the UF game, and got better seats than my season tix.

So, find an FSU season ticket holder, and have them buy you tix if you want better seats(or if the USF allocation runs out).

Unfortunately, my 4 extra tickets are spoken for.

Archived