• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Ford on the radar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

you guys are still talking about him

forget it

he hasnt produced yet he aint producing next year

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

When Ford is healthy, he and Taylor complement each other perfectly. 

And I don't mind Grothe running.  He'll probably be the all-time leading rusher in school history when he's gone.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

How do you guys know that Mike Ford has zero work ethic?

He's in the best shape of his life right now, and says that he's never been stronger or faster.....He was weighing about 240 lbs at the end of last season and now he's a trim 220-225 lbs all while lowering his body fat %......

• Content Count:  1,757

He's in the best shape of his life right now, and says that he's never been stronger or faster.....He was weighing about 240 lbs at the end of last season and now he's a trim 220-225 lbs all while lowering his body fat %......

Ill have to see if there still online, but I have read af ew statement by Franks indicating he needs to work harder and get better mentally, especially picking up blocks etc...

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

at the current pace, we should be able to crap on every starter on the team by the time the season starts. great job all you awesome diehard fans of sniffing out all the bad things you can possibly think of about any of these student athletes.

Don't know how you can say that.  The "New U's" post made a lot of sense.  We do RB by committee because no one can consistantly be counted upon.  Our running game continues to be "Grothe". and he is our leading RB, which is a mistake.  I know we have had OL issues which have hindered our Running and Passing game, but Grothe, as small as he is, and not being an RB, has been able to get a lot of yards and be counted upon.  Meanwhile our backs cannot.  Yet we play a "Rutgers" and they have a guy who gets 175 yards on us, alone.  Our backs have not stepped up and no one has emerged as a leader.  The coaches have stated in the past they were disapointed with Ford and the effort. 

So nothing anyone here has posted is unfair in any way.  If anything, if the RB's read this it should serve as motivation.   I manage people for a living and some people are motivated by encouragement, some by ego, some by money, some by fear of dissapointing others, some by negative/beating and the fear that generates.  Whatever has happened, the RB's either are not that talented, or they lacked the correct motivation.  On paper, I think it is the latter.  Lets hope they find that motivation this year.

Why bother? Dude is a broken record, I understand he is liked for his photography of the Bulls but I never heard anyone so sensitive.  Should really never read a message board if you are going to take criticism of another human being on yourself.  Not like anyone is even bashing in the first place. 

strange, to say the least.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Mike Ford has ZERO work ethic.

It is really a shame because if he put his mind to it he could be one of the best backs we've ever seen at USF. He has all the talent in the world, just doesn't try.

How do you know about his work ethic?? Do you work out with him??

yes

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Ill have to see if there still online, but I have read af ew statement by Franks indicating he needs to work harder and get better mentally, especially picking up blocks etc...

Watching the recording of the Spring game, in an interview with Ford he said he's been working on the "other" things, like blocking.  Seems he's getting the message.  Now whether he can accomplish it........

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I am so ******* excited about this season. Mike Ford is going to finally get it together and be what <i>everyone</i> says he should be. If he doesn't, someone else is going to do it. There's too much talent there for it not to. I believe in Mike Canales to find ways to get all these talented players the ball. That includes Landi and Daniels, who I think are going to be important parts of the offense at some point this season.

Matt Grothe knows as well as anyone that he needs to play better for the team to consistently win. And I have all the faith I can in him to find a way to do that. With that in mind, if the way his father posts on here is any indication of Grothe's thoughts, then I can't help but share the enthusiasm for Canales' offense. I think the new offense plus some of the top defenses in the conference rebuilding - as well as an even better USF defense - mean Grothe blows away the numbers of his first three years. This is also rooted in my faith in Ford.

People say this is going to be a down year for the Big East - whatever. I think this is the season it all comes together for USF. If that means we run through a recuperating Big East, I won't complain. Tressey was a great hire. An exciting hire. I can't wait to see what he does with the already great defense left behind by Wally Burnham. I think he's going to make it even better. Even more aggressive. Selvie coming back for his senior season was all I needed; signing the defensive ends we did makes it even more exciting. JPP in particular has me excited.

The two FCS games plus WKU might hurt them if the team goes undefeated, but that doesn't seem likely. I don't think this team is going to compete for a national title this year, though I suppose it is always possible.

It's too bad this gets said every year, because I think big things are in store for USF this season. And to be fair, big things have been achieved by the team each of the past several seasons. This season, we win the conference though.

• Content Count:  1,757

This is one that I quickly found,  am pulling for Ford thats for sure

Carl Franks on Mike Ford

“Mike is a big guy. When he is on, Mike can really be a factor in a game and truly be a force. He can drop his shoulder and run over a defender but he has quick feet. He just has to continue to work in in that weight room and get strong and take advantage of what God has given him."

Archived