• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Purdue QB Out For Season - Will This Affect Marve's Decision?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know..........West Lafayette, Indiana doesn't seem like a town where Marve would want to be for the next 3 years.  Not much happening there.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If Marve comes here, you better believe that USF will petition for a hardship waiver. However, what will probably make that difficult is the fact that Marve is still looking at schools that are quite far away from his "ailing dad." I say bring the head-case on, and if he steps out of line, give him the boot.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Apparently, one of Purdue's QBs, Justin Siller will have to sit out this season due to academic issues. Their starter, Joey Elliott is a senior.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4040499

I wonder if this will have any impact on Marve's decision to transfer there.

But it wouldn't matter this season anyways, as he would have to sit out this year and then have to compete for a wide open starting job in 2010, right?

But then, if he were to transfer here, what are the chances he would beat out Grothe for the starting job this year? Wouldn't he just be waiting here for next season as well?

What do you guys (and girls) think?

marve will never be more than a back up in a good program

he got beaten out at miami by an underclassman

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If Marve comes here, you better believe that USF will petition for a hardship waiver. However, what will probably make that difficult is the fact that Marve is still looking at schools that are quite far away from his "ailing dad." I say bring the head-case on, and if he steps out of line, give him the boot.

i never liked sloppy seconds

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Paisa even if he chose USF which I doubt he will, it makes no sense for him to get a hardship and burn one of his years as a backup to Grothe.

Wherever he goes, he is looking to start in 2010, so he will probably end up wherever he sees that as the most likely scenario

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know..........West Lafayette, Indiana doesn't seem like a town where Marve would want to be for the next 3 years.  Not much happening there.

Many, many NFL players came from Purdue.  Not to mention one particular QB who is still playing, and our own A Train. 

It is also a respected school.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Marve will go where he can play next year.    After starting for an ACC team, he won't go back to the bench somewhere else, that would be settling. 

He will choose a BCS school who can possibly compete for the crown.    I would be surprised to see him choose the Big East as he would perceive that as a step down from the ACC.  Not sure he has any ties to USF, so no real reason to go here other than to be local (which could be a distraction for him, which he doesn't need if his parents apply common sense about the topic).

I would see him going SEC, or Big 10/ Big 12. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Landi didn't "SWITCH" to wide reciever... he ran a few routes there... if Landi is good enough to play WR, he could still be 3rd string QB...

See also Kerry Meier at Kansas... he was the QB who beat us when we faced them in Lawrence... and now could be one of the best WRs in the Big 12... and has been listed as their 3rd string QB.

Actually, Kerry Meier was out for that game.  I don't remember who was the QB, but Meier had an injured arm or something.  I remember them touting that game because both Grothe and Meier were the leading Freshman QBs at the time, or something along those lines.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Is it a possiblity for Marve to come to USF...compete for a '10 starting QB position this season...and if he doesn't get it, he will obviously be upset, and transfer to a new school for the '10 season?

Archived