• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George Baker? ? ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think there's anything to this. Talked to his high school coach at Archbishop Carroll, and they'd talked as recently as this weekend, with nothing but talk about spring football at USF and what he could do to be in position to compete for playing time this fall.

I talked to Quavon as well, and if anything, I don't know that FIU is a lock for where he'll end up. He mentioned Miami as a possibility -- he has a ton of high school teammates there -- and said USF wouldn't have a problem releasing him to the Hurricanes.

Again, I haven't talked to Baker, but nothing I've seen or heard points to any level of discontent that would lead to transferring.

Thanks, Greg.  Real information from a reliable source is always a good thing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't think there's anything to this. Talked to his high school coach at Archbishop Carroll, and they'd talked as recently as this weekend, with nothing but talk about spring football at USF and what he could do to be in position to compete for playing time this fall.

I talked to Quavon as well, and if anything, I don't know that FIU is a lock for where he'll end up. He mentioned Miami as a possibility -- he has a ton of high school teammates there -- and said USF wouldn't have a problem releasing him to the Hurricanes.

Again, I haven't talked to Baker, but nothing I've seen or heard points to any level of discontent that would lead to transferring.

Great work, as usual, Greg.  Now go find us a DC!  ;D

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract.  We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers.  We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling.  Anyway, thanks for the info., I guess I'll see where the story goes from here but right now its all conjecture.  Go F I U!

shouldnt you and your coach be off kissing Schiano's arse or something.........

Fiu is in a different position now then they were when they originally scheduled USF. At that time, USF would NOT have signed a series with FIU on an equal basis and therefore would not have had USF as the opponent to open their new stadium. So, now you can work out better deals and decided not to play the second game at USF and left us stranded for an opponent at the last minute. That is very short sighted, because FIU has badly damaged its FUTURE relationship with USF and there will undoubtedly come a time when FIU will sorely regret what they did.

I agree with Mama. USF gave FIU a marquee game to open up their stadium, and gave them their only chance to fill the whole stadium and make a lot of money from only selling season tickets for that game. Otherwise, they would have gotten maybe 12K against middle tennessee. FIU's tough guy AD will regret this decision in the future when FIU is struggling to establish credibility in the state. When USF makes the Big 4 then they will see that they should have waited until next year to schedule Rutgerls. USF-FIU 1-for-1 deals would have been a possibility in the future but tough guy Peter Garcia probably damaged our relationship by waiting until the last minute to reschedule... Enjoy your meaningless series with UCif. I'm glad we are done helping build the bottom 3 programs. Let's see if FAU cancels their game at rayjay in 2010. >:(

• Content Count:  1,400

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract.  We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers.  We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling.  Anyway, thanks for the info., I guess I'll see where the story goes from here but right now its all conjecture.  Go F I U!

Fiu is in a different position now then they were when they originally scheduled USF. At that time, USF would NOT have signed a series with FIU on an equal basis and therefore would not have had USF as the opponent to open their new stadium. So, now you can work out better deals and decided not to play the second game at USF and left us stranded for an opponent at the last minute. That is very short sighted, because FIU has badly damaged its FUTURE relationship with USF and there will undoubtedly come a time when FIU will sorely regret what they did.

I agree with Mama. [glow=red,2,300]USF gave FIU a marquee game to open up their stadium, and gave them their only chance to fill the whole stadium and make a lot of money from only selling season tickets for that game. Otherwise, they would have gotten maybe 12K against middle tennessee.[/glow] FIU's tough guy AD will regret this decision in the future when FIU is struggling to establish credibility in the state. When USF makes the Big 4 then they will see that they should have waited until next year to schedule Rutgerls. USF-FIU 1-for-1 deals would have been a possibility in the future but tough guy Peter Garcia probably damaged our relationship by waiting until the last minute to reschedule... Enjoy your meaningless series with UCif. I'm glad we are done helping build the bottom 3 programs. Let's see if FAU cancels their game at rayjay in 2010. >:(

I dont think they had 12000 for our game either our side was packed like sardines the rest of the stadium had alot of empty seats remember they charge us $50 plus for the game and you had to buy season tickets in order to go. you might be confusing them with the FAU game two years ago which I beleived sold out for the first time ever

Guest USF-TechGuy

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract. We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers. We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling. Anyway, thanks for the info., I guess I'll see where the story goes from here but right now its all conjecture. Go F I U!

I agree with Mama. [glow=red,2,300]USF gave FIU a marquee game to open up their stadium, and gave them their only chance to fill the whole stadium and make a lot of money from only selling season tickets for that game. Otherwise, they would have gotten maybe 12K against middle tennessee.[/glow] FIU's tough guy AD will regret this decision in the future when FIU is struggling to establish credibility in the state. When USF makes the Big 4 then they will see that they should have waited until next year to schedule Rutgerls. USF-FIU 1-for-1 deals would have been a possibility in the future but tough guy Peter Garcia probably damaged our relationship by waiting until the last minute to reschedule... Enjoy your meaningless series with UCif. I'm glad we are done helping build the bottom 3 programs. Let's see if FAU cancels their game at rayjay in 2010. >:(

I dont think they had 12000 for our game either our side was packed like sardines the rest of the stadium had alot of empty seats remember they charge us $50 plus for the game and you had to buy season tickets in order to go. you might be confusing them with the FAU game two years ago which I beleived sold out for the first time ever

i remember getting to the game a few minutes late and struggling to find seats for myself and my family in the visiting section (since they live in Miami i bought tickets for 4.)

We squeezed ourselves in the USF section. My brother and his fiance decided to sit elsewhere.  They basically had a whole row to themselves, and no one sitting in front or behind them, since the rest of the stadium was basically empty.

And i did think $50 was outrageous for it, although it was funny seeing people outside the stadium scalping tickets for cheaper than it was to buy them directly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

They definately burned a bridge.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

there bought out the game which was in the contract we agreed to. Also I dont think Indiana really wanted to replace us with Townson.

• Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

What are you talking about? Indiana is NOT playing Townson

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ind-m-footbl-sched.html

• Content Count:  849

is baker staying?

Short answer: Yes, he is staying