• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George Baker? ? ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I was told he had along way to go till he would be field ready anyway. Lots of mistakes. Just alot of speed, and needed size.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, Matt is gonna transfer to FIU also.  He heard hunting season lasts longer down in Miami

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

shouldnt you and your coach be off kissing Schiano's arse or something.........

• Content Count:  1,037

Baker will get playing time this year. I remember our former DB coach saying he was a good player. We are very thin at CB so I don't think playing time would be the issue... If one our corners got hurt, Baker would be the nickel by default because we only have a few returning CBs...

• Content Count:  573

I'd love to see the source of this rumor.  As far as Baker is concerned, he's a bull.  Baker is a big time athlete where as Taylor is not.  Taylor doesn't have a natural position at a BCS school.  He's not big enough to be a LB nor fast enough to be a DB.  So, to be frank, he's perfect for FIU.  Baker, on the other hand, is a BCS prospect, so I doubt he would go to FIU.

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  1

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract.  We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers.  We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling.  Anyway, thanks for the info., I guess I'll see where the story goes from here but right now its all conjecture.  Go F I U!

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think there's anything to this. Talked to his high school coach at Archbishop Carroll, and they'd talked as recently as this weekend, with nothing but talk about spring football at USF and what he could do to be in position to compete for playing time this fall.

I talked to Quavon as well, and if anything, I don't know that FIU is a lock for where he'll end up. He mentioned Miami as a possibility -- he has a ton of high school teammates there -- and said USF wouldn't have a problem releasing him to the Hurricanes.

Again, I haven't talked to Baker, but nothing I've seen or heard points to any level of discontent that would lead to transferring.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract.  We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers.  We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling.

That is a pretty nice ooc schedule.... Looks like being a 1-A cupcake has its' advantages when you're located in a vacation spot.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No, we got a 1 for 1 and working on a 2 for 2, that's a sign of equality in a contract.  We got the same thing from the Louisville, Texas A&M, UCF, Duke and now Rutgers.  We don't need to go around being deferential to anyone when it comes to scheduling.  Anyway, thanks for the info., I guess I'll see where the story goes from here but right now its all conjecture.  Go F I U!

Fiu is in a different position now then they were when they originally scheduled USF. At that time, USF would NOT have signed a series with FIU on an equal basis and therefore would not have had USF as the opponent to open their new stadium. So, now you can work out better deals and decided not to play the second game at USF and left us stranded for an opponent at the last minute. That is very short sighted, because FIU has badly damaged its FUTURE relationship with USF and there will undoubtedly come a time when FIU will sorely regret what they did.

Archived