• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-6 SG Mike Burwell from New Jersey commits to the Bulls

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

well he has been here for 5 already, if you count red shirt season and medical redshirt.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ok, I have heard who we are trying to get, but who do y'all think will sign with USF? I'd like atleast 2 big bodies. Will anybody 'decide' to transfer after the year is up?

I can't forsee Belardo staying on next year. When you have a walk-on, Ryan Kardok, getting the nod off the bench before you, the writing is on the wall.

• Content Count:  19,229

I don't know about that.  I hear what you are saying, and you may be right... but if he was gonna leave, why not leave already?  If he does leave, it isn't a huge deal, as long as he graduates somewhere, but my read is that he'll be here next season.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Ok, I have heard who we are trying to get, but who do y'all think will sign with USF? I'd like atleast 2 big bodies. Will anybody 'decide' to transfer after the year is up?

I can't forsee Belardo staying on next year. When you have a walk-on, Ryan Kardok, getting the nod off the bench before you, the writing is on the wall.

I don't know about that.  I hear what you are saying, and you may be right... but if he was gonna leave, why not leave already?  If he does leave, it isn't a huge deal, as long as he graduates somewhere, but my read is that he'll be here next season.

Some fates will be dictated by how well spring recruiting goes.

The latest write up on PG Eric Bledsoe states that he is still considering S. Florida. We are also in the top 3 for JC PG Lance Jeter according to a recent article. Jeter is the teammate of Quincy Hankins at Polk CC and was recently named Suncoast Conference Player of the Year.

We do need another PG with Crater being 1 more mistake away from being kicked off the team. I'm just not ready to trust the keys to my ride to a guy that gets locked up within the first couple of weeks being enrolled in school. We need insurance.

I don't know what will happen but IF we sign Jeter or Bledsoe to go with the incoming Shaun Noriega, Jordan Dumars, and Mike Burwell it pushes both Leemow and Belardo to the back of the bench or probably off the team period.

Let's not forget we are in play for SFs Terrell Vinson and Glenn Bryant.

We only have 2 scholarships available right now, but as we know numbers have a way of working themselves out. S. Florida is in no position to turn down a Terrell Vinson, Glenn Bryant, or Eric Bledsoe if any wants to come here.

• 1 month later...

Has he signed yet? Does he plan on signing with us?

USF rbasketball ecruiting is so much in the dark right now.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

No word on burwell.  I did find this.  I guess you and I are the only two who are interested in USF hoops to the highest degree

Terrell Vinson, SF, Baltimore, Md./St. Frances Player rank (position rank): 49 (8).

Considering: Maryland, UMass, South Florida and Cincinnati.

Front-runner: Maryland.

Recruiting overview: Originally slated for Loyola-Marymount, where he would have ranked as a program-changing recruit, Vinson received a release from his letter of intent when coach Bill Bayno retired earlier this season. Now, Vinson favors two Big East schools, South Florida and Cincinnati, as well as UMass and Maryland, which is looking for a signature recruit to signal its resurgence on the recruiting scene. The Terps probably hold the lead at this juncture, but the other three schools are making a strong push as we approach the finish line. The competition will remain at a high level with such a versatile prospect remaining on the recruiting board.

I guess you and I are the only two who are interested in USF hoops to the highest degree

Which is just sad and yet during basketball season when we are struggling you'll have 20 different posters asking why can't we shoot, why can't we rebound, why can't we dribble, why can't we pass, where's the depth, this player stinks, that player stinks, etc, etc.

Just about all answers to those questions lies in recruiting people. Right now it isn't going well at all.

• Content Count:  1,180

No Vega, I care. I love readin what you have posted and am also worried that we are getting ready to swing and miss on another recruiting season. We need big men BAD. As long as noriega and dumars can hit three's next year we will have a chance, but that def needs to happen. Its amazing how we have been lacking that serious three point shooter. Last year Verdejo went cold, and the year before that bozeman was on a huge cold streak

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Now that makes three if we can land Bryant and Famous, Marcius or Montreal I think that will make for a very good recruiting class.  I really think we are set at PG so that is the lowest need in my opinion.  WE do need some bigs.  I would like to get 3 of these but two will make me happy.  I hope Eladio transfers cause I just don't see him getting any minutes at all.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I guess you and I are the only two who are interested in USF hoops to the highest degree

Which is just sad and yet during basketball season when we are struggling you'll have 20 different posters asking why can't we shoot, why can't we rebound, why can't we dribble, why can't we pass, where's the depth, this player stinks, that player stinks, etc, etc.

Just about all answers to those questions lies in recruiting people. Right now it isn't going well at all.

I care also.  I'm just not knowledgeable enough about basketball recruiting to comment.  I do enjoy reading your posts, however.

Archived