• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-star prospect Terrell Vinson

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Four-star prospect Terrell Vinson of Baltimore (Md.) St. Francis High School spent this week considering whether or not he would attend Loyola Marymount after Billy Bayno’s resignation on Monday, and the 6-foot-6, 200-pound forward has come to a conclusion.

Vinson has asked for a release from his Letter of Intent and has reopened his recruitment. It is another crushing blow for a rebuilding program, but Vinson is confident that Loyola Marymount will indeed release him

At this initial stage, Vinson is aware of interest from Wake Forest, UMass and South Florida. His re-recruitment, however, won’t start in earnest until he is released.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=rivals-269184&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Btw Vinson does now have his release from LMU.

Also here is a perfect opportunity for Woody to do what he said he could when hired by USF. That would be to attract prospects from the state of Maryland to the USF Bulls. We need guys that are talented and Big East tough and this guy seems like a fit. He can come here and play beside a guy he knows very well in Gus Gilchrist.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Well his boy Gus needs to woo him over here. We could deff use him.

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

From scout:

STRENGTHS

Rebounding 

thats all i needed to see, get him in here!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The basketball team could really use the help

• Content Count:  19,229

From scout:

STRENGTHS

Rebounding 

thats all i needed to see, get him in here!

Did you see his weaknesses?

Rebounding in traffic   - 6'6" guys only rebound in traffic

Shooting range - we need shooters

Still, a weakness can be fixed.

• Content Count:  4,016

The shooting help is coming with Dumars, and Noriega.  We need more skilled rebounders for the next few years.  With DJ, Crater, Mercer, Gilchrist, Dumars, and Noriega, we'll be flush with scoring options next year, but we'll need a great rebounder.  Ajayi is not a good rebounder, Rivas is not good at anything, and Espinosa is just starting to get confident.  We need someone that can give us second chance opportunities, play great inside defense, and doesn't need a road map to score on a simply drop step move.  Remember that's not Gilchrist's game, you saw his value against Pitt, he's a wing-forward who's uncanny ability to dribble penetrate and shoot will create lots of mis-matches for us.  But if you clear out Gilchrist that means inside we still need a space eater that grabs boards, and plays good D.

It's not hard to find, there are quite a few JC players that are capable of meeting that goal...

• Content Count:  19,229

Ajayi is done anyway.  Espinosa has potential in this category, but he needs to play as mean as he can look... same goes for Rivas.  Rivas has potential with his long wide frame to be a good rebounder (he was in Juco), but he hasn't shown anything at all here.  Neither appears to be a dominant rebounder, but both can be good.  I don't think a 6'6 guy is going to come in here and be a great rebounder (McHugh Mattis was the exception)  We need a 6'9 or 6'10 guy with those qualities to be able to deal with a Blair or Harongody type player (granted, neither of them are more than 6'8, but they are STRONG as an ox.. and this guy is not in that mold (the gransberry mold).

I love what Gilchrist brings to the table... and that can help a shorter guy with rebounding... but strength, instinct and attitude are very important and that is what we need very bad.  You saw how Blair got every loose rebound that he got his fingers on.  He wanted it more.

Let me get in on this discussion.

First let me say that Vinson is bigger then the 6-6 200lbs that rivals has him listed at. I'll seen several videos of the guy and he looks a little bigger. He also has the frame that he can easily put on 20lbs if needed and not lose any athletism. He reminds me of Jeff Adrien comming out of high school. He was listed as 6-6 with some of of the same attributes as Vinson currently has. Adrien has done pretty well for himself at UCONN averaging 12pts and 8rebs for his career.

Right now I don't see much in the JC ranks that can come in and immediately be a help to us. I don't want us signing some random 6-10 guy that lacks the strength and/or ability to play at this level. The Hankins guy that is 6-8, 240-plus is what we need and I want us to bring back Teague(6-7/6-8 260). WE NEED MEN not boys!!!

Ajayi is as strong as anybody in the Big East but lacks the instinct to be a dominate rebounder. Frankly if Heath can find a guy big and physical like Ajayi with better instincts to get rebounds we would have an impact player at the 5 spot.

• 1 month later...

-Bump-

• Content Count:  12,293

we are paying a guy 40K a year to land these guys.  meanwhile we are overstaffing our classes and cutting professors....

we better get this guy or changes need to be made in the bball program

Archived