• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expand the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to see the BE become more of a football conference (since we are def. a football school, no offence Coach Heath).  Therefore, I think that the BE should add some additional schools while dropping some basketball schools.  I think that the BE should drop some basketball central programs such as Depaul, Seton Hall, or St. Johns.  Those schools could easily join the A10 or American East conferences. 

Now, since I want us to become more of a football conference, why not add programs like East Carolina or Southern Miss.  They both have pro's, like East Carolina have a huge and fanatic alumni base.  And Southern Miss would bring back our former C-USA rival, for some good ol' behind beating.

Those other Catholic schools would not allow Seton Hall, St Johns, and Depaul to leave.

How many other Catholic schools are there to defend?  Georgetown, Marquette and ND?  That is only 3 I can come up with.

Notre Dame is basically a joke, they can join a conference for bball, but not for football.  Someone needs to tell them that the college sports world does not revolve around South Bend.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  997

Give it time and I bet you will never have to "drop" some basketball schools. After a couple years of a few semi-deserving teams being left out because there are too many great basketball teams in the BE some will leave. The Catholic Schools have no football interest in the Big East (DePaul University, Georgetown University, Marquette University, University of Notre Dame, Providence College, St. John's University, Seton Hall University and Villanova University) could make one hell of a conference. I said it from day one that the basketball schools will split they are just giving the Big East time to establish itself after the schism and time to plan.

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I would love to see the BE become more of a football conference (since we are def. a football school, no offence Coach Heath).  Therefore, I think that the BE should add some additional schools while dropping some basketball schools.  I think that the BE should drop some basketball central programs such as Depaul, Seton Hall, or St. Johns.  Those schools could easily join the A10 or American East conferences. 

Now, since I want us to become more of a football conference, why not add programs like East Carolina or Southern Miss.  They both have pro's, like East Carolina have a huge and fanatic alumni base.  And Southern Miss would bring back our former C-USA rival, for some good ol' behind beating.

Those other Catholic schools would not allow Seton Hall, St Johns, and Depaul to leave.

How many other Catholic schools are there to defend?  Georgetown, Marquette and ND?  That is only 3 I can come up with.

Notre Dame is basically a joke, they can join a conference for bball, but not for football.  Someone needs to tell them that the college sports world does not revolve around South Bend.

yeah but sadly, from a monetary standpoint it does. They have the largest fan base and draw the highest ratings of any team....they're basically the Yankees of college football

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think we should have some required reading for newbies.  The OCS and BE expansion being two areas.   ;)

we should have required reading for oldbies

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the big east is a joke for allowing ND to remain

the big east acts like a battered woman

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

yeah but sadly, from a monetary standpoint it does. They have the largest fan base and draw the highest ratings of any team....they're basically the Yankees of college football

C.R.E.A.M. 

(Cash Rules Everything Around Me for those not in the know)

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think we should have some required reading for newbies.  The OCS and BE expansion being two areas.   ;)

Add a live bull at games thread to that and im fully on board. 

And to finish it off uniform colors :)

• Content Count:  508

Add a live bull at games thread to that and im fully on board. 

And to finish it off uniform colors :)

I guess some topics should never die... So let's continue to talk about them.  So does ECU and Southern Miss sound good?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

gopbull, let it go. 

1. The Big East, as currently constituted, was designed to have a balance of 8 football and 8 non-football schools.  Neither side has the majority.  To add any more teams the non-football teams would need to go along and I doubt they do that as they would lose that balance.

2. There is no BCS team that would leave their current conference to come to the Big East.  The Big East makes the least money of the BCS conferences.

3. There are no non-BCS teams which would bring in more revenue to account for having a 9th or 10th mouth to feed.

4. There is no way a BE championship game would bring in enough revenue to justify, from a money perspective, having 4 more teams sharing the pie.

5. If you think no one attends the ACC title game, the Big East title game woud be worse.

6. The team and coach complaining the most about the unbalanced schedule (UConn) is the team that fills its schedule full of Baylor/Duke/Army/Navy/Etc. and they are having a hard time finding enough OOC games given who they want to schedule, andl as no one wants to go play in CT, as part of a 1-1, as there is no recruiting or other benefit.

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

all 8 non football schools are catholic and vote together... we cant add another football school without adding another non football catholic school... unless we split, which we wont

just get used to the 8 team conference, its not changing, and if it did the 3 most likely candidates are Memphis, ECU, and unfortunately UCF. Im sure USF would put up a good fight to keep UCF out, but they are one of the most attractive realistic options, with our opinions of them aside

you can beat the topic into the dirt here:

http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=637

Archived