• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Lindsay Lamar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

He's only a 2-star on Rivals and Scout.

Smazza Jr. 

So if/when he is upgraded to 3 stars does he automatically become a better player?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Smazza Jr. 

So if/when he is upgraded to 3 stars does he automatically become a better player?

Doesn't matter .... if he ain't a 4 or 5 star, he ain't **** and we shouldn't be wasting our time on him.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

I find it hilarious how on this board, people hoot and holler over someone committing with us (despite them being only 2-stars), yet when they de-commit and sign on with another program, and are of the same caliber, the mentality automatically becomes, 'oh well, no big loss, he wasn't that good anyways.'  EXAMPLE: zack chibane, 2-star recruit

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If he was a 3-star would you feel better about him?  Serious question.

• Content Count:  3,403

I find it hilarious how on this board, people hoot and holler over someone committing with us (despite them being only 2-stars), yet when they de-commit and sign on with another program, and are of the same caliber, the mentality automatically becomes, 'oh well, no big loss, he wasn't that good anyways.'  EXAMPLE: zack chibane, 2-star recruit

Lamar isn't being asked to greyshirt like Chibane was.  The equivalent would be if Chibane was the strongest player in the state, because Lamar is possibly the fastest player in the state.  There are some commits right now that I would be ok with losing if it meant we were able to get some that we are still going after, but any time you can get the fastest player in the state, you get him. 

Also, he most likely will not stay a 2-star recruit, not that it matters.

Watch the youtube video of Lamar that was posted.  He's sick.

Edit:  oh, and it looks like ESPN thinks quite highly of him.  They have him as a 78, which puts him tied for 7th highest rated in our class.  For comparison, we have 4 guys in the last 3 years that ESPN has been rating recruits that are 78 or higher:  Stirrups (79) in 2006, Ford (79) in 2007, Demetrius Murray (80) and Lejiste (78) in 2008. This year we have 9 that are 78 or higher, and Lamar is one of them.  http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?season=2009&schoolId=58&page=commits&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fseason%3d2009%26schoolId%3d58%26page%3dcommits

You're right, we should be weeping over losing an out-of-state lineman who we asked to greyshirt.  Oh yeah, we turned around and landed the #1 interior lineman on our board in Steve Jacques who was committed to Auburn.  Not a bad trade-off.

Smazza Jr. 

So Lindsay was upgraded to a 3-star on both Scout and Rivals today.  On Rivals he is the highest level of 3-star also (5.7) so he's just shy of being a 4-star.  Is he a better player today than yesterday?

• Content Count:  2,523

Just watched that youtube video, that is legit speed.  You can see it when guys are trying to catch him, they only get further behind.  This guy would be perfect for screens out of the backfield when teams try and bring the house on third and long on us like they did all year.  With grothe's mobility, he'd be able to suck them in pretty deep before having to get rid of it leaving this guy nothing but one guy to beat and I like his chances in that scenario.

• Content Count:  3,403

Smazza Jr. 

So Lindsay was upgraded to a 3-star on both Scout and Rivals today.  On Rivals he is the highest level of 3-star also (5.7) so he's just shy of being a 4-star.  Is he a better player today than yesterday?

Nope, they just had to watch that youtube clip like the rest of us did yesterday (which also made them change him from CB to RB).

On rivals, he's now as highly rated as all but 10 recruits we've ever had.  Those include Andre Hall, Carlton Hill, Stirrups, Edenfield, Bedford, BJ Daniels, Ford, and 4 guys this year.  That's why Giddens is the most highly rated we've ever had, and he's out of HS and hopefully will make it, unlike Hill and Edenfield.

• Content Count:  339

He's now rated as:

#21 all-purpose back on rivals (3-star)

#56 WR on scout (3-star)

Not too shabby.  Guess the USF coaching staff wasn't worried about his star status prior to recruiting him.

Archived