• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best place to get some tailgatin' food from

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

Before we cheer on our Bulls to victory, what do you think is the best place to get some good ol' tailgatin' food?  I am personally a fan of a bucket of chicken fingers from Guthrie's, but Chick-Fil-A is also as good and Publix has some great selections.  Oh and NEVER forget the brews and some sweet tea! 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Before we cheer on our Bulls to victory, what do you think is the best place to get some good ol' tailgatin' food?  I am personally a fan of a bucket of chicken fingers from Guthrie's, but Chick-Fil-A is also as good and Publix has some great selections.  Oh and NEVER forget the brews and some sweet tea! 

In Tampa for football games, I like cubans from the cuban shops around the stadium (on Columbus).  Great food, cheap, and excellent for tailgating.  And very fresh.

For Basketball, I like to go to CDB's just East on Fowler from the Sundome (two lights?).  Excellent sandwiches and pizza, and been there for 25 years or so.  But I eat there, ie not tailgate.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Publix is where i usually get my tailgating fair.  We've done everything from the traditional burgers, brats, and dogs to T-Bones and NY strips, and even have done shrimp, scallops, and fish on the grill.

And when we feel lazy we grab a publix sub for before and after the games.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

If you tailgate with fast food its almost like cheating!

Gotta buy meats from publix and the markets the day before, soak em in marinades (dales marniade is good for steaks) and grill at your car

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

Gotta buy meats from publix and the markets the day before, soak em in marinades (dales marniade is good for steaks) and grill at your car

But when I think of college football, I think of Chick Fil A, Guthrie's, and Zaxby's.  You do make a good point, but it is not cheating... just almost.

• Content Count:  7,201

But when I think of college football, I think of Chick Fil A, Guthrie's, and Zaxby's.  You do make a good point, but it is not cheating... just almost.

btw, publix has great fried chicken.... 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Get a box of Bubba burgers, a couple packs of Ball Park franks, make up a pot of chilli, and put it all on the grill at the stadium. If you're still walking before the game, you didn't bring enough. I've been known to bring a turkey frier and cook up a mess of chicken legs and wings, too. Noon games are for bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and eggs before the game and hambergers and hot dogs after it.

I love tailgating almost as much as I do seeing the game.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Those are 3 good chicken places so I OK them for tailgating  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Get a box of Bubba burgers, a couple packs of Ball Park franks, make up a pot of chilli, and put it all on the grill at the stadium. If you're still walking before the game, you didn't bring enough. I've been known to bring a turkey frier and cook up a mess of chicken legs and wings, too. Noon games are for bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and eggs before the game and hambergers and hot dogs after it.

I love tailgating almost as much as I do seeing the game.

Too be honest my freshman year (2003) I wasn't even a fan of football in general.  All the kids in my dorm suite were going to the games and tailgating.  Instead of sitting around by myself I filled up a bunch of pepsi bottles with captain morgan and proceeded to have a hell of a time tailgating.  Over the course of my college days I went from going to hang out and tailgate my freshman year to I'd rather remember the game so eat more and drink less.

Tailgating is the reason I love college football.  It's still great to go and see all my College friends who still go to all the games and tailgate.

• Content Count:  3,749

Burgers from Fresh Market, and beef's wings & onion rings = money.

Archived