• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big time rectuits visiting Jan 9th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Lang is very underrated shark...Lang is a excellent rangy athlete in the same caliber and style of Jerrell Young.  I don't know if you watched Jerrell much this year, got a lot of playing time towards the end of the season, but as a RS-FR he showed tremendous ability, and brought more athleticism when he was on the field then Gachette, or Carlton Williams.

Lang, like Young, is the type of athlete that could play 4-5 positions for USF...tall, rangy, fast, edgy...real quality.  Pinellas is normally loaded with talent it's simply a question of getting them enrolled, unfortunately the county school system has not invested in football either so you've got to have a little vision, but if Leavitt can start dominating the Southern Pinellas area, encouraging more programs and kids in that area that are good players that a scholarship will be waiting, then there is tons of possibility to own that area and annually pull 1-2 great athletes from that area.  The concentration of quality athletes in Southern Pinellas/St. Pete/Pinellas Park area is almost as dense and plentiful as Miami-Dade, but M-D cultivates it's kids better, they've got more money for HS and JV programs, and stronger youth and mentoring programs then Pinellas.  It's about developing the athletes and keeping them eligible to give them a chance. 

Another one who's underrated, possibly not tremendously so, is Jacquez Jenkins.  Think Orhian Johnson, except Jenkins has played more DB, and is faster than OJ. 

• Content Count:  651

Coached agains Marry and Lang, both are tremendous athletes. Both would surely help out our defense and Lang could play on either side of the ball, but I see him as a safety. Hard hitter with good speed!

• Content Count:  4,016

Coached agains Marry and Lang, both are tremendous athletes. Both would surely help out our defense and Lang could play on either side of the ball, but I see him as a safety. Hard hitter with good speed!

Thanks Feld, I think you're spot on, and I say he and Jerrell Young are mirror athletes of one another.  Perhaps in two years we could have a safety paring of Young and Lang...with all due respect to the current guys who've accomplished a ton, the Young and Lang combo would be more athletic.

• Content Count:  3,403

it's commit, and I guess you are just hoping they will rather than saying there was one.  kinda sad.  Saturday and Sunday should be interesting.

• Content Count:  4,501

it's commit, and I guess you are just hoping they will rather than saying there was one.  kinda sad.  Saturday and Sunday should be interesting.

Dam - spelling counts now ?  ;D

• Content Count:  3,403

Dam - spelling counts now ?  ;D

Only when I thought he was announcing something I should find on another site, heh.  Also, he did repeat it 3 times...

• Content Count:  1,037

I'm really beginning to like Mike Lang. I think we need to keep the homegrown talent at home. I'm sure a lot of these players would like to build the USF program for their hometown, and we could establish some pipelines with schools.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm really beginning to like Mike Lang. I think we need to keep the homegrown talent at home. I'm sure a lot of these players would like to build the USF program for their hometown, and we could establish some pipelines with schools.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/article931868.ece

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ryan Giddens has commited to USF.

He may pull some other recruits who visited this weekend as well.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=58255.0

Archived