• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big time rectuits visiting Jan 9th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

Poking around scout and found this list of official visits:

Ryne Giddens DE

Steve Jacques OL

Kayvon Webster DB/WR

Julius Forte DE

Victor Marc QB/ATH

Sterling Griffin WR

Lindsey Lamar CB/WR/RB

Isaac Virgin QB/TE/DE

And i'm sure theres a couple more that aren't listed, always are.

FREE CONTENT:

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=6&dv=20090106&yr=2009

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

This Isaac Virgin guy grab my attention with his size, 6-4.5 235 at QB. Would he be the biggest QB we ever had on the team? A scout this,

NAME: Isaac Virgin

SCHOOL: Westwood

CITY: Fort Pierce

POSITION: QB

HEIGHT: 6-4.5

WEIGHT: 235

40 TIME: 4.81 (Reported)

HEAD COACH: Waides Ashmon

SCOUTING VIRGIN: We say it over and over again, if you continue to rely on film and don't go out and watch athletes play the sport of football, you are missing an entire world of tremendous athletes who dot the state of Florida – from Key West to Pensacola. Here is one of those players.

Watching him play quarterback, you get a sense that he needs to attend a camp or two or get private lessons to learn more about the mechanics of throwing the ball. You do not teach the size and strength this young man has!

His drop is solid, his footwork is impressive and his ball skills have improved from the first time we watched him during his spring game. His short balls are crisp and accurate, his intermediate game is improving, and with some of the top receivers in the region, this is a football player who will have the chance this coming season to change some minds of recruiters who labeled him as something other than a quarterback.

To us, his athletic ability and size make him a lot more appealing than several high profile players we've had the chance to watch this spring and summer. The fact that he may not be a major college quarterback at the next level is not alarming when you think of the other things he can do. He looks like a defensive end, but his knowledge of offense is an asset, and playing tight end would be more of an option.

Any team that played against him understands that his ability to throw the ball and see the entire field will give him a huge advantage. In his spring game, he mixed it up with his passing and surprising mobility. This is an athlete who is surrounded by athletes, so he understands how to adjust to the speed of the game.

• Content Count:  1,757

Jacques is also interesting. Soft verbal to auburn and we are the only other one he has shown interest in. I wonder how solid his Auburn comitment is with the shakeup in their coaching.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

They have James Green visiting 1/13. Or is that still on?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Virgin would be a TE or DE if comes to USF

• Content Count:  1,797

I'm not sure I want any rectuits visiting my alma mater...big time or not, they sound nasty.

:D

Normal

I'm not sure I want any rectuits visiting my alma mater...big time or not, they sound nasty.

:D

Normal

HA HA HA. 

Don't you know that rectuits come from URanus....Very nasty indeed.

• Content Count:  622

Saw this on the SP Times in the Pinellas News and Notes. I hope we can impress him too. He is not a big name kid but I think he is a stud that will become a star. Marry is 6-3 215. He already visited Iowa State and Michigan.

Largo's Marry to take trips

Nearly a month after leading Largo to the Class 5A state semifinals, linebacker Mike Marry is making his college visits. Marry, the Times' defensive player of the year the past two seasons, said he likely will visit USF this weekend. He said he will go to Duke next weekend and Ole Miss Jan. 16-18.

This past season Marry had 100 tackles and seven sacks for the Packers, who finished 12-2.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3622648

Saw this on the SP Times in the Pinellas News and Notes. I hope we can impress him too. He is not a big name kid but I think he is a stud that will become a star. Marry is 6-3 215. He already visited Iowa State and Michigan.

Largo's Marry to take trips

Nearly a month after leading Largo to the Class 5A state semifinals, linebacker Mike Marry is making his college visits. Marry, the Times' defensive player of the year the past two seasons, said he likely will visit USF this weekend. He said he will go to Duke next weekend and Ole Miss Jan. 16-18.

This past season Marry had 100 tackles and seven sacks for the Packers, who finished 12-2.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3622648

Scout never provides a full visit list on their free content. 

I like Mike Marry, too.  I think he has nice size for a LB already, especially considering his speed, and he could probably add on 10-15 lbs of "good" weight on top his frame. 

• Content Count:  622

Another Pinellas update from the Times.

Largo WR/DB Mike Lang will probably be joining his teammate Mike Marry on his trip to USF this weekend.

6' 187 lb Lang was a big part of Largo's run this season. He had over 960 yards receiving this season.

I feel he is very underrated but has a lot of interest from Missouri, UConn, Cinci, UAB and FAU.

The article also mentions a bunch of our other commits.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2009/01/pinellas-recrui.html

Archived