• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to let Dungy, Oops I mean Gruden go.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I love the bucs talk radio now. that team is a disaster.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Who would ever let Tony Dungy go?  

Someone who wanted to actually get to and, hopefully, win a Super Bowl before one of the best defenses in NFL history started declining .... We just made it under the wire.

...because clearly Dungy isn't capable of winning a super bowl...

He wasn't going to here .... and it took one of the top 5 qb's of the decade, if not longer, to finally get him one.

We'll never know that, but I don't think the one player that Gruden brought in was the difference that year (Pittman). It may have been the playcalling, but no one can say he wouldn't have won. He almost won the NFC with Shaun King as the QB, so I don't think you can take too much away from him. What have the bucs done since then? Dungy was building a franchise, while he may not have won a SB, he would have continued to take his team deep in the playoffs every year. Things probably would have fallen into place eventually.

But, it's all speculation. I personally love Dungy and don't like Gruden, so I am not at all objective here. It was a sad day in Tampa when Dungy left.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Someone who wanted to actually get to and, hopefully, win a Super Bowl before one of the best defenses in NFL history started declining .... We just made it under the wire.

He wasn't going to here .... and it took one of the top 5 qb's of the decade, if not longer, to finally get him one.

.....Like it took Gruden to have one of the top defenses in decades(The famous [glow=red,2,300]TAMPA 2 DEFENSE[/glow]). Cause you don't win a championship without a great defense. Thats why Gruden will never win a Superbowl here again without Dungy's help. His ego is bigger then the team. Ask Mark Alstott. ;)

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Gruden is like Leavitt and he isn't going anywhere... we're stuck with him for a while.  Finishing 9-7 and not making it to the playoffs is better than finishing 2-5 in conference and making it to the MagicJack Bowl.  For all the people who think it wasn't good enough, there are enough people who think they did a good job.

The irony is that people have been saying "give Gruden 1 more year" for the past 3-4 years already.  As you can see, he's not going anywhere.. and we're not winning playoff games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

We'll never know that, but I don't think the one player that Gruden brought in was the difference that year (Pittman). It may have been the playcalling, but no one can say he wouldn't have won. He almost won the NFC with Shaun King as the QB, so I don't think you can take too much away from him. What have the bucs done since then? Dungy was building a franchise, while he may not have won a SB, he would have continued to take his team deep in the playoffs every year. Things probably would have fallen into place eventually.

But, it's all speculation. I personally love Dungy and don't like Gruden, so I am not at all objective here. It was a sad day in Tampa when Dungy left.

Of course, we will never know for absolutely positive if he wouldn't have won one here but the odds were **** good considering he was hanging his offensive coattails on Clyde Christensen.... and it was more than just Pittman that was brought in with Gruden. I think JJ, McCardell and, I believe, a couple of starting OL came in also

3 straight playoff games without scoring a td SHOULD be the death knell for any coach. Tony did a great job of turning this franchise completely around but it was quite obvious he wasn't going to get it over the hump and get to/win a SB.

And, for the record, I gave Gruden a free pass for 5 years for the SB win ... I think it's, God forbid, time to start over ... but keeping Raheem, somehow, as DC.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I love the talk radio in this town. **** the bucs

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Let's see...aging QB, injured RBs, no go to WR, taped together O-Line, and he still finished 9-7 in a division with 2 playoff teams...

Bucs fans, what more/who could do better? It's not like your stacked with any sort of talent on offense. Most the starting offense would be backups on other teams!

The Bucs are a 5-11 team without Gruden.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

Let's see...aging QB,

Gruden's been here long enough to have developed a non-aging qb ....... IF he really wanted to.

injured RBs

Part of the game  ... and he had one starter for most of the year.

no go to WR,

Antonio Bryant would disagree with you ...

taped together O-Line,

What??

and he still finished 9-7 in a division with 2 playoff teams...

I'd agree except that he was 9-5 with two home games left against two very beatable teams.

• Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

Tony Dungy is a great man and was a huge loss to the Tampa Bay community when he went to Indy.

His team’s however have underachieved, especially in the postseason.  Considering how many future Hall of Famers he has coached, his playoff record is unimpressive.

One of the key issues with today’s Bucs is that the Glazers are turning into Culverhouse.  Maybe they are more interested in Man-U?

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Let's see...aging QB, injured RBs, no go to WR, taped together O-Line, and he still finished 9-7 in a division with 2 playoff teams...

Bucs fans, what more/who could do better? It's not like your stacked with any sort of talent on offense. Most the starting offense would be backups on other teams!

The Bucs are a 5-11 team without Gruden.

The Bucs are a 5-11 team without Garcia.

Archived