• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our star QB Matt Grothe vs the Big East

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I concur..but what is so hard about next year is...wht if he startd out good again?..now he messes up in conference and then its too late to use your young qb. I would rather go through growing pains of a new young qb again then to do this all over again.

Our 2009 out of conference schedule is so weak. So if Jim did make a change at QB, who ever start will have time to develop.
    • Sept. 5  WOFFORD TAMPA

• Sept. 12 at Western Kentucky Bowling Green, Ky.

• Sept. 19          FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL, TAMPA

• Oct. 10 at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.

• Nov. 28              MIAMI, Tampa

Are you saying Miami will be weak?  Or is that just a listing of the OOC games?  Because Miami will be a tough, tough game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the first four games are embarassing and they dont prepare usf for miami in the least

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

whether you like Grothe or not, if next season doesnt have both BJ and matt on the field at the same time for some plays, I will again be dissappointed with this offense.

how many years have you been disappointed so far?

bj danilELS will not get any meaningful snaps next year if grothe is healthy-THAT IS THE LEAVITT WAY

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I concur..but what is so hard about next year is...wht if he startd out good again?..now he messes up in conference and then its too late to use your young qb. I would rather go through growing pains of a new young qb again then to do this all over again.

Our 2009 out of conference schedule is so weak. So if Jim did make a change at QB, who ever start will have time to develop.
    • Sept. 5  WOFFORD TAMPA

• Sept. 12 at Western Kentucky Bowling Green, Ky.

• Sept. 19          FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL, TAMPA

• Oct. 10 at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.

• Nov. 28               MIAMI, Tampa

Are you saying Miami will be weak?  Or is that just a listing of the OOC games?  Because Miami will be a tough, tough game.

No, no, no, Miami could be the toughest team we would face next year. With that schedule, I don't see USF sniffing the top 25. With Grothe's annual drop off toward middle of the season and weak schedule. We could be looking at the bottom 50. And I know that we all don't won't to see that.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

were looking at possibly going into the miami game 4-0...Miami will be higher ranked then us. We somehow pull that off we can sniff rankings again by getting more votes. if we get to like 7-0, i think were back in the top 25 realisitcally(i wouldnt put us in the top 25 until we were 7-0)....they will be reluctant to vote us in so it will take more to get back up there. Who will it be? I don't know but with 4 cake games to start off the season and a typical 2-3 wins in the big east we are bowl eligable again lol.

We should platoon the qb's next year. No reason to leave onee on the field. We keep the grothe lovers happy and Daniels gets his exp. up. I think by doing this Daniels will eventually prevail over Grothe and it works itself out naturally.

• Content Count:  1,037

were looking at possibly going into the miami game 4-0...Miami will be higher ranked then us. We somehow pull that off we can sniff rankings again by getting more votes. if we get to like 7-0, i think were back in the top 25 realisitcally(i wouldnt put us in the top 25 until we were 7-0)....they will be reluctant to vote us in so it will take more to get back up there. Who will it be? I don't know but with 4 cake games to start off the season and a typical 2-3 wins in the big east we are bowl eligable again lol.

We should platoon the qb's next year. No reason to leave onee on the field. We keep the grothe lovers happy and Daniels gets his exp. up. I think by doing this Daniels will eventually prevail over Grothe and it works itself out naturally.

The miami game is in late november so we'll have played more than 4 game by then....

• Content Count:  667

Those are a lot of IFs, my friend.

Even if we go 7-0, we literally crack the top 25 and are 25th.  I really don't want to hear fans clamoring next year about not getting any poll respect, especially before conference play starts.  If there is anything that these years have told us, it's that USF needs to be judged AFTER conference play has begun, because we have a tendency to choke away our top 25 rankings when they do start up.

• Content Count:  4,738

Miami game is thanksgiving weekend, isn't it?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Miami game is thanksgiving weekend, isn't it?

FUTURE SCHEDULES

Bulls Football

updated:  12/14/2008

Aug. 30 Tennessee-Martin
Sept.  6 at UCF
Sept. 13 Kansas
Sept. 20 at FIU
Sept. 27 at N.C. State
Away (dates TBD)
at Cincinnati
at Louisville
at West Virginia