• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF to remove GOL and hire UF's DC Charlie Strong as HC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I would think he would look harder at a job like Auburn.  

I agree.  I don't see him going to CUSA when there are BCS positions out there.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's very good friends with Tribble.

• Content Count:  1,261

Bullshutter - "Slim chances of National Title"

We've got a slim chance of playing for the National Title....UCF has absolutely ZERO chance of playing for the national title.  The would have to be undefeated for 2 or 3 years in a row to even garner consideration.  Utah and Boise have dominated the non-BCS landscape and they both have finished undefeated and didn't even get a sniff at the title game.  Hell, Bosie didn't even get a BCS bid for all of their effort this year and they are still riding the Oklahoma upset from a previous year.

We've got a very good chance of playing in a BCS bowl....UCF has a very, very, very slim chance of playing in a BCS bowl.

UCF has ZERO arguement when it comes to where they can go and what they can do.

The only reason a coach considers that job is if they need a stepping stone to get to a BCS head coaching job or if they need to go somewhere to re-build their career.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it shouldnt be

usf is a bcs conference and  leavitt has been here 12 years

usf has beaten ftu/ou/oc in every game

• Content Count:  637

Hopefully our ties to the BCS will be a major point in recruiting, sure they might have a new great recruiter, but who wants to go UCF with slim chances of National title

Our recruiting was barely better than there's was last year. It was kind of appauling given the season we had that we couldn't manage to get more than ~5 spots higher than them in recruiting classes.

• Content Count:  2,478

Why would you choose to go there as head coach? I would wait for a better opportunity.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Hopefully our ties to the BCS will be a major point in recruiting, sure they might have a new great recruiter, but who wants to go UCF with slim chances of National title

Our recruiting was barely better than there's was last year. It was kind of appauling given the season we had that we couldn't manage to get more than ~5 spots higher than them in recruiting classes.

That's ********.  The main recruiting site (especially regarding UCF) is biased.  A brandon recrut is given an extra star.  Look at the on field performance. 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

better opportunity?? this guy should have had a HC job awhile ago.

UCF is a great opportunity for him.

just like USF would have been for either him or Mullen if Leavitt left.

Great state to recruit in. established connections. winnable conferences.

It's the perfect opportunity to propel him to a bigger job. If he hadn't been hired for a big BCS job by now then he knew he had to gain HC experience first. The guy coached 2 top 10 NC contending defenses.

What more could he do to prove his worth? All these job openings and he wasn't getting any serious looks.

• Content Count:  637

That's ********.  The main recruiting site (especially regarding UCF) is biased.  A brandon recrut is given an extra star.  Look at the on field performance. 

Why is Rivals/Scout biased toward UCF?

I don't know how far apart we were the last few years (i.e. the class that played this year) but UCF recruited pretty well last year specifically (which is all my statement was about).

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Why is Rivals/Scout biased toward UCF?

I don't know how far apart we were the last few years (i.e. the class that played this year) but UCF recruited pretty well last year specifically (which is all my statement was about).

Rival's site master Brandon has a hand in some of it.  He pimps up recruits no other school is recruiting, it's usually 0-2 star recruits with no solid 1-A offers that end up getting 3 stars.

Archived