• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George Selvie Becomes USF's First Two-Time All-American

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,568
  • Days Won:  1

Nice to see that they give awards out based on impact on a game and intangibles that don't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

It will be hard to keep a two time All-American in school for his senior year. Reading the article his numbers probably will not improve next season anyway since teams are running away from him 80% of the time. He should go to the NFL if he wants to get better.

• Content Count:  111

This is nice to see. George is the man, I'll be cheering for him whether he's a Bull or an NFL player this time next year.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Nice!  Go George!

• Content Count:  1,400

Nice!  Go George!

quadrupel team how do you do that and still have enough people blocking the rest of the line and out  running patterns

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It will be hard to keep a two time All-American in school for his senior year. Reading the article his numbers probably will not improve next season anyway since teams are running away from him 80% of the time. He should go to the NFL if he wants to get better.

I would imagine they would at least marginally improve being that he's been hurt for a large part of this season. Assuming he's completely healthy next year, the numbers should go up at least a little. With that said, I don't know that he can do much more to improve his draft stock, even if his numbers improved

• Content Count:  1,457

Selvie is smart, he'll be back

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Selvie is smart, he'll be back

I think he is going to graduate this spring.  If true, he was smart (and talented) to create this opportunity to graduate and go pro after his junior year.

If I were him, I would go.  Not trying to rabblerouse. . . . just can't understand why a graduate with two all-americans under his belt would stay to play for free.

Please nobody say "love of the game" or "because he love's USF". . . . . . George can do both those things and get paid a chuck of change while doing so.  Besides, USF recruiting will benefit from high-profile players like George getting paid in the NFL.

Archived