• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Petersburg Bowl - Bullspen Party - Co-Organizers Wanted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

3rd generation st. pete here. If someone can give me a ball park figure (50-75, 100-125 etc) I can give you list of places that can host a crowd that large, discounts they can do, etc etc.

The Columbia does offer a private area you can rent out (for like weddings) but Ive priced it before and it wasnt cheap. If we can coordinate with them we might be able to work something out with a buffet (how i love their sandwiches)

anyway Im on bedrest, so shoot everything my way and Ill knock out a bunch.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

An attendance issue I foresee, since it's local, we all have friends who may at the last minute, decide they'd like to attend.  We may want that option as the exposure could lead to future board members.

Just a thought

Depending on the amount of people, Cha Cha Coconuts would be good (on the roof of the Pier so people could go outside and there would be plenty of space... it would just all depend on the weather).  If there's a huge number of people expected and a ballroom-type thing thing happens, I recommend Mazzaro's Italian Market to cater.  I used to work there and am very close with the owners and I'm sure they'd be happy to provide.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I am working on a few locations from my end. In addition to the Coliseum Ballroom (which seems like it will only be feasible from a cost stand point if we have at least 400 people) I have contacted Cha Cha Coconuts. They will be sending me information, but they have a few other parties booked for the evening of the 19th (Friday). I would imagine that would be the night that we would have this shin-dig seeing as the game is on the 20th.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Battalion is at your disposal  ;)

I will begin checking with hotels in the area, I'm currently planning my own wedding and still have most of the prices of places in and around St. Pete; should have something to post in a day or so. I need to check back to make sure the prices are the same.

Also don't forget about the beach communities just west and north west of St. Pete they have some nice ball room / meeting facilities that are fairly priced.

As far as a restaurant that can accommodate 200-300 people (safe estimate of the top of my horns) I'm not aware of one anywhere in Tampa... also does the Bay Walk Complex have any meeting areas in it??  ???

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you ALL!  Keep the lines burning... I also may have a hookup at the Don Cesar.  ;)  I am looking at a $20 price point (max) and that would NOT include alcohol... please post as you have updates.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, Baywalk is out due to the amount of folks we're going to have with us.

At this point we are looking at larger restaurants that are willing to accommodate our group,  or hotel banquet rooms if we can get a good price.

I'm going to be adding a poll to the board shortly so we can start to get a better idea of the numbers.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

WVEI, did you get the email from somebody at Cha Chas that was done by reporting the post to moderator?

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

WVEI and Bully, count me in for grunt work. I don't have any connections, but, 2 cents worth here, the outdoor set-up at Ferg's for the World Series was pretty big.

Maybe even set up a two day gig for pre-game on Saturday also.

Archived