• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alma Mater at end of game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

So we all know that the band plays the alma mater at the end of the game.  I stood till I heard it like I've done all year...well this time, some cop told me to start walking up the stairs.  I politelly told her that I would leave when the alma mater was done.  Well, she decided to be a ***** and told me that "No, go up NOW" then stared at me for the next few seconds as I continued to stand there singing along with the band.

I should be allowed to sing my schools alma mater.  There was no reason why she needed to be so rude and disrespecful, especially when I had done nothing wrong.

Since when were we not allowed to stay to sing OUR alma mater?

• Content Count:  720

We get treated like crap inside and outside of that stadium..... :(

• Content Count:  126

Don't taze me bro.  :o

• Content Count:  7,519
  • Days Won:  10

I really think they should play it a bit sooner... most have made their way out before they do.

What I would like to see, traditionally, is have the team come over to the Band/Student section and be there while the band plays it.  I think, especially on Senior Night, that it would have been poignant to have the seniors stand in front of the rest of the players as it was being played for them at home for the last time.

Something to think about for next year.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

We get treated like crap inside and outside of that stadium..... :(

You are exactly right.  It feels like we are there by some sort of charity and no one involved wants us there.

I really think they should play it a bit sooner... most have made their way out before they do.

What I would like to see, traditionally, is have the team come over to the Band/Student section and be there while the band plays it.  I think, especially on Senior Night, that it would have been poignant to have the seniors stand in front of the rest of the players as it was being played for them at home for the last time.

Something to think about for next year.

I think that is a great tradition.  Many schools I have seen involve the team and band while the Alma Mater is being played.  It is definatly something we should begin observing so it will become a USF tradition.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I spoke with a deputy tonight about the quickness of clearing the stadium... The deputies and officers working the game were on orders to clear the stadium as soon as possible due to the late hour of the game. She was just doing her job.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We stayed until the last player was in the tunnel and got nasty looks from all of the law enforcement officers.  I couldn't believe all of the horses on the field, more than ever. 

I too would like to see the team on the field when the band plays the Alma Mater at the end.  It is tradition..

• Content Count:  2,307

I spoke with a deputy tonight about the quickness of clearing the stadium... The deputies and officers working the game were on orders to clear the stadium as soon as possible due to the late hour of the game. She was just doing her job.

Clearing it as soon as possible after that would have been no problem with me.  An extra 30 seconds is not going to kill them.

And while she maybe have been doing her job, she was still rude as hell.  No need to give me a death stare and raise her voice.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Based on the TV broadcast I didn't ralize there were actually people in the stands.

Archived