• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt must go? Alum's site seeks firing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Who does this douche want to replace JL? Like Sitting Bull said you can't just blindly call for his termination and not offer some kind of a plan.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Well, all I can say is....if you guys wanna raise the millions it will take to get better/new coaches, GO FOR IT!  ;D  I won't stand in your way.

Just asking for people to be fired doesn't solve the problem.  You must also replace them with someone better!!!!!!!

I don't think he should be fired. we can't afford it and the message it would send to prospective coaches wouldn't be good.

I just don't think he should get a free pass like some of you think. I also think this program would be fine without him. I do't mind seeing him catch some heat.

This season was an embarrassment and we underachieved big time. We are loaded with junior and senior starters. I've watched him coach for the last 11+ years and I'm growing tired of the same excuses, same game management problems, same penalty problems, etc. He and his staff don't seem to be learning from their mistakes. This program seems stale. They have played with no heart this year.

I wouldn't mind one bit if he left for another job. It's not likely but I wouldn't mind a fresh start with a young up and coming coach. Perhaps one of the coordinators from UF. Strong and Mullen know the state. We could get them for less money than we pay Leavitt which would allow us to pay quality assistants more.

Miami won 5 NCs with 4 different head coaches. Butch Davis is the only coach that didn't win one from 83-01. I'm a USF fan and supporter. I wish Leavitt well but I'm a USF fan first and foremost. His recent records get him fired at a lot of schools. Zook had 3 years with similar records in a much tougher conference. He was fired. Here at USF we give him raises and extensions. I think we should demand more.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I thought about registering firejimleavitt.com just so idiots wouldn't get ahold of it.  Didn't even think about a mustgo.com site.   Oh well.

The sites are registered before the coach is even named.  I bet there is already a FireGruden site for the UT job he was named as candidate for.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

The great thing about being a USF fan a few years ago was that when people asked why your a fan you could always say its fun to cheer for the ultimate underdog. If they won it was fantastic but if they lost you could always say well it's just USF. Last season changed that for most USF fans. They expect USF to consistently climb the ranks. The thing people forget is that our program is 1/4 the age of many colleges that are consistently ranked. Even Notre dame who has had a program for 111 years has a bad season. Last year they were the worst team in BCS football. Either way the conversation is moot because USF can not afford to pay out the contract of Jim Leavitt. I am in agreement that USF's team or supporting coaches should change. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

• Content Count:  667

"If we fire Jim Leavitt, who are you gonna get to replace him?!?"

^^ I think that question is a perfect example of the problem here.  most people have immortalized CJL to the point where they believe he's the best option we have and the best option in all of the college football.

if you look at the facts (and the jimleavittmustgo.com website), you'll see that CJL is .500 in conference play.  the facts are the facts.  i think we can find an up and coming coordinator out there who can take USF to at least a .500 record in, what is considerably, the worst BCS conference in the big east.

randy edsall took UCONN to a big east title.. UCONN!  a team that started I-A football play the same year we did.  sure, they were in I-AA for a long time, but you can't tell me that contributed to some kind of pipeline of recruiting talent that we havent tapped into.. They're located in FREAKIN CONNECTICUT.

greg schiano turned around an RU program that was college football's doormat for over a century.  to me, that's more difficult than to bring up a program like USF, which is located in america's hotbed of recruiting talent.  oh, and another thing-- greg schiano OWNS US.

so to answer the question above, i give CJL credit for building our program and putting us here.. but there's a difference between that and being a contender at this level.  i don't credit him for anything more than a .500 conference record.

do i think we can do better?  YES.

are there coaches out there that can do as good, if not, better than CJL?  YES.

are there a lot of them out here?  (considering all you gotta do is win .500 of your conference games) YES.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

"If we fire Jim Leavitt, who are you gonna get to replace him?!?"

^^ I think that question is a perfect example of the problem here.  most people have immortalized CJL to the point where they believe he's the best option we have and the best option in all of the college football.

if you look at the facts (and the jimleavittmustgo.com website), you'll see that CJL is .500 in conference play.  the facts are the facts.  i think we can find an up and coming coordinator out there who can take USF to at least a .500 record in, what is considerably, [glow=red,2,300]the worst BCS conference in the big east.[/glow]

randy edsall took UCONN to a big east title.. UCONN!  a team that started I-A football play the same year we did.  [glow=red,2,300]sure, they were in I-AA for a long time, [/glow]but you can't tell me that contributed to some kind of pipeline of recruiting talent that we havent tapped into.. They're located in FREAKIN CONNECTICUT.

[glow=red,2,300]greg schiano turned around an RU program that was college football's doormat for over a century.  to me, that's more difficult than to bring up a program like USF,[/glow] which is located in america's hotbed of recruiting talent.  oh, and another thing-- greg schiano OWNS US.

so to answer the question above, i give CJL credit for building our program and putting us here.. but there's a difference between that and being a contender at this level.  i don't credit him for anything more than a .500 conference record.

do i think we can do better?  YES.

are there coaches out there that can do as good, if not, better than CJL?  YES.

are there a lot of them out here?  (considering all you gotta do is win .500 of your conference games) YES.

1. Why is Big East the worst?  This year's ACC champ will have 3+ losses!

2. Uconn has name recognition & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Albeit recognition because of BB but recognition is recognition!!

3. Again Rutgers still has more $$$$$$$$  Shiano didn't have to drive his car onto a field to use the headlights to dig holes for the fencepost to build a practice field, then go back to a trailer to shower!!!!!!

USF has been on a shoestring budget!  Give it some more time.

Patience locust Grasshopper

• Content Count:  667

1. Why is Big East the worst?  This year's ACC champ will have 3+ losses!

2. Uconn has name recognition & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Albeit recognition because of BB but recognition is recognition!!

3. Again Rutgers still has more $$$$$$$$

USF has been on a shoestring budget!  Give it some more time.

Patience locust Grasshopper

the money thing is a little blown out of proportion.  if you look at the amount of money we are paying CJL, it sure doesnt look like we're strapped for cash.

money for recruiting?  um, we have some of the nation's best recruits in our backyard?  are you saying we can't afford to drive down to their homes and visit them?  you can either recruit or you can't.  hell, if "travel" costs are a problem, go buy a Toyota Prius and save some gas money, for crying out loud.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Leavitt's CURRENT pay isn't the point.

Shiano, Edsel, whomever, went to programs with existing facilities, etc, and the $$$$$$ to get it if they didn't have it.  That's much easier than building your own fence & showering in a trailer!

OBTW - when Leavitt was doing that, he was only making about $70k.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I don't care who the future coach is, I just want to see the team playing better and how they should be playing.

I don't have crazy dreams we should be playing for the national championship, but I would like to see us putting up a fight

in big east play and not finish near the middle or bottom of the big east.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Adam Goldman... that name rings a bell... I seem to remember someone with that name or close to it writing some self-loathing, USF-hating drivel to The Oracle on a pretty regular basis.

Archived