• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Section

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think the full amount of students requested tickets, or decided to go to the game because of the recent losses or could of been weather that we were suppose to have. I don't know could be a combination of things but the lower bowl students filled up. It took awhile but eventually it did. I know we lost some buzz, the 200 level was empty, hard to explain that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574

Embarrasing. If I can fly down from Seattle for 4 home games, we can 12.5k drive down from USF.

I am embarrassed for them. This reminds me of the of '04 Pitt game. Poor student support... The 100 level isn't full and the 200 level is empty.

Shame.

get the fork out of here.

OUR TEAM is pathetic, not the students... and they don't even get athletic scholarships to be there.

start winning a ******* game or two and maybe the students would show up in the boiling heat [and subsequent rain].

i don't blame anybody for not showing up the way we've been playing.

and i don't think any of the students who didn't show are all that disappointed they missed a 49-16 ass beating by one of the worst teams in the Big East.

this thread is pathetic, and anybody trying to lash out at anybody other than the players and coaches is pathetic too.

The attendance reduction between the students and the "other" group (general fans, alumni, etc.) was not even close... it wasn't even proportional.  In fact, I thought we had more fans in the east upper deck than the Syracuse game.  The corner 200 level sections on the south endzone were almost full (75 - 85% capacity).  We had ZERO students in the 200 level (I won't even bring up the 300 level).  The 100 level wasn’t even full.

Did I expect to see fewer fans at today's game?  Absolutely.  However, I cannot even explain the student turnout.  I would have to think back to the '04 Pitt game to come up with a comparison.  I expected to see less folks in that "other" group, but not from the students.  It almost seemed like the sections were closed as if there was a crime scene and no one was allowed to go over there... I have never seen such a thing.  You don't see such a drop in student support at other programs, regardless of the win/loss record. 

Today was something that I expected when I was a freshman in 2001, but not now… not after the numbers we had last year and definitely not when the tickets are FREE.  It’s your school and your future Alma Mater, so show support.  We do, after all, have 45k students!

For the students that were there… THANK YOU.

Embarrasing. If I can fly down from Seattle for 4 home games, we can 12.5k drive down from USF.

I am embarrassed for them. This reminds me of the of '04 Pitt game. Poor student support... The 100 level isn't full and the 200 level is empty.

Shame.

get the fork out of here.

OUR TEAM is pathetic, not the students... and they don't even get athletic scholarships to be there.

start winning a ******* game or two and maybe the students would show up in the boiling heat [and subsequent rain].

i don't blame anybody for not showing up the way we've been playing.

and i don't think any of the students who didn't show are all that disappointed they missed a 49-16 *** beating by one of the worst teams in the Big East.

this thread is pathetic, and anybody trying to lash out at anybody other than the players and coaches is pathetic too.

I'm in total agree.  Why take it out on the student section?  We (students) have tons of other things going on (end of the semester) and to blame students for a poor showing is in bad taste.

FYI... I posted this towards the beginning of the 1st quarter.  And what other things?  Are 45k students doing the same thing at the same time?  Finals week doesn't start until 12/6.  All I have to do is compare the UL game last year (11/17/07)... we had ~53k to 55k+ at that game and the students were there (not WVU numbers, but way above average).  We were 7-3 entering that game after beating Syracuse (which ended the 3 game losing streak).  Oh, and tickets are free.

By the way, you don't think we (post grads) have tons of other things going on, too?

Again, I'm not pointing to any particular student.  As a whole, the students were not there… just like how this team did not show up to play today (or the previous 2 games).  As a whole, this program is not performing well right now and I consider the program as one (coaches, players, ball boy, water boy, bench warmer, etc.).

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Attendance was around 47,000... that's roughly 3,00 more than Rutgers stadium holds. So, I'm fine with attendance.

I just want to make sure this point system is working properly. Are people being turned away because they don't have enough points? The only time points should matter is when the 12,502nd person shows up.

Where did your student body go to?

Didn't they know that your team was 6-3 heading into that game?

Heck...UCF's team was 2-6 heading into last week's home game yet UCF students come out in DROVES.

(UCF Student Section vs Southern Miss)

IMG_2385.JPG

Think an on-campus stadium would help with STUDENT (aka, most of your future boosters/season tix holders) attendance?

K_L... I don't think we know the answer.  And to SELL over 47k without the student support is surprising (a nice surprise).  However, I think it's a little different for us... 1-4 in the BE is not where a lot of us thought we were going to be at after 5 games.  Expectations were pretty high for the average USF fan.

And, yes, I do think having an OCS would help the student turnout (for obvious reasons), but that's a different discussion.

• Content Count:  1,260

Where did your student body go to?

Didn't they know that your team was 6-3 heading into that game?

Heck...UCF's team was 2-6 heading into last week's home game yet UCF students come out in DROVES.

(UCF Student Section vs Southern Miss)

IMG_2385.JPG

Think an on-campus stadium would help with STUDENT (aka, most of your future boosters/season tix holders) attendance?

Haha...it rained...we got destroyed by an in conference foe...and the season is rapidly spinning out of control. But right on schedule here comes UCifers with the "as long as you're in meltdown mode...let's compare our attendance/facilities smack". It's like clockwork...thanks fellahs....  :D

Attendance was around 47,000... that's roughly 3,00 more than Rutgers stadium holds. So, I'm fine with attendance.

Same here... especially since we were averaging just over 30k in 2006.  But I bet Rutgers (and most other programs) see their student numbers decrease proportionally to the non-student numbers.  This was not the case today.

I just want to make sure this point system is working properly. Are people being turned away because they don't have enough points? The only time points should matter is when the 12,502nd person shows up.

I'm not a fan of the current point system and I don't think it works properly (this was evident during the UT-Martin game when the 200 level was full and a full section and a half of the 100 level was empty).  They should keep the point system to determine the 12,501 students that will receive a ticket to the game, but then they should make it first come first served to fill the lower sections quicker and make the students leave the lots faster and into the seats for the intros.  It would also allow friends to sit together, etc.

Could a revised system work?  Sure, but the flip side, IMO, is that the current system is helping the other sports just because more students may go to these other games to be able to sit in the 100 level section during a football game.

Unfortunately, the demand may not be there now and a point system may now be worthless.

BTW, did the athletics department jump the gun after seeing the student support during the WVU and UCF games last year?

• Content Count:  211

You think the students are pathetic?  YOU ARE PATHETIC. EAT MY ASS HOLE! 

Just because tickets are free doesn't mean ANYONE wants to waste their time ruining a good saturday with another ****** performance by the bulls.  Hell I bet the only reason 47K went was that they ALREADY COMMITTED by purchasing the tickets.

Oh, and you think that harrowing the students on this board is really going to make a difference in student attendance?  I think not.  You are blowing smoke up your own ass.  Just because there is 12K+ tickets available doesn't mean the students care or want to be a part of this.  This university was great before football got big and it will stay great in our hearts.  Maybe we have things like graduation to be worried about. 

Show me a coach who respects the fans and maybe there will be fans that want to see the games.  As it is, it is BLATANTLY obvious that CJL has no respect for the face of the program.  Even at the Sun Bowl, the players were out partying it up the night BEFORE the game.  What a joke. 

but again, get off our collective ass.  We don't give a **** about what you think. 

• Content Count:  637

For the students that were there… THANK YOU.

I was there.

I wish I didn't go. I'm still up making up the work I missed by going to the game and it's 4 AM.

Tickets are "free" monetarily, but time and frustration also have a cost.

In conclusion: you're welcome.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You think the students are pathetic?  YOU ARE PATHETIC. EAT MY *** HOLE! 

Just because tickets are free doesn't mean ANYONE wants to waste their time ruining a good saturday with another ***** performance by the bulls.  Hell I bet the only reason 47K went was that they ALREADY COMMITTED by purchasing the tickets.

Oh, and you think that harrowing the students on this board is really going to make a difference in student attendance?  I think not.  You are blowing smoke up your own ***.  Just because there is 12K+ tickets available doesn't mean the students care or want to be a part of this.  This university was great before football got big and it will stay great in our hearts.  Maybe we have things like graduation to be worried about. 

Show me a coach who respects the fans and maybe there will be fans that want to see the games.  As it is, it is BLATANTLY obvious that CJL has no respect for the face of the program.  Even at the Sun Bowl, the players were out partying it up the night BEFORE the game.  What a joke.   

but again, get off our collective ***.  We don't give a **** about what you think. 

Wow.... that was ironic.

Grow up....  ::)

Archived